Noob Can't Upgrade 8.0.1 Beta 2 to Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdsk

Cadet
Resolved

Dear,
I missed the same issue. I read lots of document and the docs from this site. I found the following way to resolve it.
Firstly following guide to rebuild a image for you. Before build please change to line (FlashDevice generic 1g) to "FlashDevice generic 1800m" in the file "/usr/local/trunk/nanobsd/freenas-common"
http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Test_Upcoming_Versions
After you rebuild and get a ISO file. You can install or upgrade the system.
This issue is caused by the follow reason.
1, Many 2G USB flash or DOM only show 18xxMB in system. But the original image will create two 943MB partition during installation. So the partition table is wrong. It exceed the max capacity of the disk. When you reboot. System cann’t find any other partition.
I thing developer can modify this item before build. Then many user who have the same issue can use it. Because by now the 900MB is enough for the main partition.
I think It is a bug. Since most 2G disk is not show 2000MB in system. Some show 18xxMB in system. We need follow the minimal size.
I don't who should know it and change it in next version.

birdsk

Cadet
Dear,
I missed the same issue. I read lots of document and the docs from this site. I found the following way to resolve it.
Firstly following guide to rebuild a image for you. Before build please change to line
FlashDevice generic 1g to FlashDevice generic 1800m in the file "/usr/local/trunk/nanobsd/freenas-common"

http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Test_Upcoming_Versions

After you rebuild and get a ISO file. You can install or upgrade the system.
This issue is caused by the follow reason.
1, Many 2G USB flash or DOM only show 18xxMB in system. But the original image will create two 943MB partition during installation. So the partition table is wrong. It exceed the max capacity of the disk. When you reboot. System cann’t find any other partition.
I thing developer can modify this item before build. Then many user who have the same issue can use it. Because by now the 900MB is enough for the main partition.
I think It is a bug. Since most 2G disk is not show 2000MB in system. Some show 18xxMB in system. We need follow the minimal size.
I don't who should know it and change it in next version.
If you still want to use the 1G disk. I think you can change to following and rebuild. But I don't sure it works fine.
original

NANO_IMAGES=2
FlashDevice generic 1800m
Changed

NANO_IMAGES=1
FlashDevice generic 900m

Status
Not open for further replies.