Restore 11.3-U1 configuration to a 11.2-U8 system

GChuck

Dabbler
Is it possible to restore a configuration file taken from an 11.3-U1 system onto a 11.2-U8 build.

I have my "test" or "pre-build" system which started out being installed as 11.2-U7 then upgraded to 11.2-U8 then finally to a 11.3-U1. Once on 11.3-U1 I made a lot of configuration changes (setting up pools and shares) which I would prefer not to do again. I never upgraded ZFS to incorporate the new features.

I'm now in the process of building my "production" machine and I would like to take all the configuration with me to the new hardware. I will move my 4 disk zpool2 into the new machine, install FreeNAS onto my boot drive(s), then I would like to restore the configuration file taken from the test machine. However, I do not want to install 11.3-U1 on the new machine at this time, but instead only install 11.2-U8. If I do this and restore the 11.3-U1 configuration file created on the test machine, WILL IT WORK? Will my pool and shares and other settings get restored

Or should I do the right thing and just manually go through the whole configuration process over again?

Thanks.

Greg ...