Resilio Sync (rslsync) Plugin TrueNAS CORE - Unable to access mnt

nasraider

Cadet
Hi,

I'm running TrueNAS CORE edition on two (2) systems in different geographical locations.

I'd like to install the community plugin call "rslsync" and set up a two-way sync on my datasets. All files and folders should replicate when changes are made at either location - identical copy.

After installing and configuring rslsync, I'm unable to access my datasets via the rslsync web page. /mnt/pool/dataset

I've read a number of other forum posts with others that have managed to get it to work, but I can't seem to get it working after following all the suggestions. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Installed rslsync community plugin
2. Created user and group call "rslsync" with ID 817. User (rslsync) has a password set. Group (rslsync) is assigned to the user (rslsync).
3. The dataset is a SMB type
4. Dataset edit permissions. Changed the user and group to "rslsync"
5. Selected ACL preset restricted
6. Applied permissions recursively
7. Stopped the rslsync jail
8. Set mount point of rslsync to: source = /mnt/pool/dataset, destination = /mnt/pool1/iocage/jails/rslsync/root/media/rslsync
9. Start rslsync jail
10. Login to http://<ip>:8888
11. Click plus button
12. Add standard share
13. Select /mnt
14. ----- ERROR ----- "You don't have permission to write to the selected folder"

If I enter the full path in the field to the dataset /mnt/pool/dataset, it throws the same error.

Please can someone tell me how I can get this working?

Thanks so much!