Resilio Sync - File Size Exceeded Error

LegitBeard

Cadet
Installed rslsync v2.6.3 and added a mount point fine. Reconfigured permissions since the user changed from "btsync" to "rslsync". Was able to add a remote folder and point it to the destination location, which had a partially synced directory. After adding, files over ~4GB will not sync, with the following error message:

file.ext in ‘media’ is not written to disk: size limit exceeded

When I remove the file in question and restart the plugin, the error returns referencing a different file. The files aren't particularly large (~10gb max) and worked just fine before the upgrade I did from 9.10 to 11.2.

File permissions are 770, user and group assigned as owners are the same on the host as they are in the jail.

I've seen a couple others post similar issues in a SOLVED thread (here), so I figured this deserved its own. It seems to be related to 11.2, as I was on 9.10 and another user upgraded from 11.1

Appreciate any insight!

rumbeard

Dabbler
It's not related to 11.2. It's related to 2.6.3. I had the same issue this week, previously syncing 35-70GB files. Now it chokes on 4GB? If you upgraded from a previous release, you can:
iocage console rslsync
service rslsync stop
cd /var/pkg/cache
pkg delete rslsync-2.6.3
pkg install rslsync-2.6.1.txz
service rslsync start

If not, try here http://ftp.jp.freebsd.org/pub/PC-BSD/pkg/packages/iocage/11.2-RELEASE/All/

rumbeard

Dabbler
For reference I've been running 11, 11.1, and 11.2 and all the U releases in between. I went from pbis and btsync to rslsync and iocage and never had any code problems with the OS and this plugin until this week.

rumbeard

Dabbler
My hunch is they flipped a compile option for 32bit filesystems to on. The binary is 64 bit so I'd assume it was a Makefile option instead.

LegitBeard

Cadet
This is the correct solution. Followed instructions, had to modify one command, and boom, files above 4GB started syncing. Thank you!

iocage console rslsync
service rslsync stop
cd /var/pkg/cache cd /var/cache/pkg
pkg delete rslsync-2.6.3
service rslsync start

doeadeer

Cadet
When i run pkg install rslsync-2.6.1.txz I receive a message

pkg: no packages available to install maching 'rslsync-2.6.1.txz' have been found in the repositories. Please help

doeadeer

Cadet
When i run pkg install rslsync-2.6.1.txz I receive a message

pkg: no packages available to install maching 'rslsync-2.6.1.txz' have been found in the repositories. Please help
Got it working. Though i still have the same warning.

doeadeer

Cadet
So I'm on 2.6.3 if you're wondering how i reinstalled. However, the file size error is still an issue for me. Resilio is installed from the plugins window, so i didn't manually install it. If you guys have a way for me to fix this it would be much appreciated.

doeadeer

Cadet
Well, I just figured it out! Took a bit to learn the ftp command and using the site you recommended I was able to download the 2.6.1 pkg and install it. Thank you so much!

Prasanth

Contributor
Did they ever fix this issue? I can update the resource appropriately.

vittorio88

Cadet
Hello,

I also have this issue. Is the package coming from here?
Is there a newer package upstream?

For reference, here is the complete list of commands I used to install 2.6.1 which syncs large files for me.
Code:
iocage console rslsync
service rslsync stop
cd /var/cache/pkg
fetch http://ftp.jp.freebsd.org/pub/PC-BSD/pkg/packages/iocage/11.2-RELEASE/All/rslsync-2.6.1.txz
pkg delete rslsync-2.6.3
service rslsync start

Did you give this a try? I used this previously to get mine setup, however I'm still on 2.6.1 and not in a position to upgrade at the moment as I'm traveling.

wgreenway

Dabbler
The 4GB file error still happens... just did an iocage update and it still won't sync big files... back to 2.6.1... I'm surprised that it's still broken after all this time.

Prasanth

Contributor