Resilio Sync Group Permissions

mruby

Dabbler
I've got Resilio Sync plugin installed, and i've added 2 mount points (both from different datasets). Getting the permissions right on freenas is frustrating beyond anything I can explain. I've been using freenas for like 8 years now and still want to break something every time I go to do something like this. Maybe i'm just an idiot, who knows. In any case, i've spent about 4 hours trying to get this working, and i'm losing my mind, hoping someone can help.

My datasets are used in windows, mac, and linux environments. I have smb shares setup and working fine. I have a specific user that I authenticate the shares with, that owns these datasets. The datasets belong to the wheel group (guid 0).

Now... in the resilio sync jail /mnt directory:
drwxrwxr-x+ 4 rslsync wheel 5 May 19 22:00 Media-Movies-Sync/
drwxrwxr-x+ 5 rslsync wheel 7 May 19 21:06 Sync/

I can now in the resilio sync UI go and add a new folder to either of these datasets in the /mnt (because I manually changed the owner to be rslsync user)
if I move into the Media-Movies-Sync dir for example I have:
drwxrwxr-x+ 3 1000 wheel 3 May 19 21:16 madefrommac/
drwxrwxr-x+ 4 rslsync wheel 5 May 19 22:00 madefromsync/

you can see that the madefrommac dir is owned by a user with uid 1000 and was created from my mac on the smb share. The madefromsync dir was created through the resilio sync dashboard. These both belong to the wheel group. The user rslsync belongs to this group.
# id rslsync
uid=817(rslsync) gid=817(rslsync) groups=817(rslsync),0(wheel)

Despite this... no matter what I try, resilio syn tells me it does not have write permisisons to the madefrommac directory and I cannot sync to it. WHY????

I've followed https://www.ixsystems.com/community...plugins-write-permissions-to-your-data.27273/
solution 3 as you can see, the wheel group has a gid of 0. the user running the service belongs to this group. The directory in question has this group. No clue what i'm doing wrong.

mruby

Dabbler
Unfortunately no. I'm sure i'm doing something wrong, but nothing I tried would work. I ended up having to create a new dataset that is only for this plugin and gave it rslsync:rslsync ownership. Not ideal as I really need to have folders on other datasets that can sync, but as of now I can't find a way to do this without jacking up my permissions.

NJMorf

Explorer
I'm having the same problem, or at least one that's similar. I'm trying to set up a share to an existing folder but no matter what I try, Resilio first tells me that "This folder is already owned by another Sync Home instance", then when I try to reset ownership it says "Don't have permissions to write to selected folder".

I'm using the current plugin version of Resilio Sync, installed this evening in FreeNAS 11.2-U4.1. I don't recall being asked to provide or confirm any user/group owners for the plugin jail, nor can I see any way of assigning ownership to it.

The folder I want to share is owned by user/group plex/plex, with UID and GUID 972. I've tried creating user and group as both btsync and rslsync, all with UID/GUID 817, according to what I've read in several forum posts both here and on the Resilio forum. None of this seems to have had any effect (and I've restarted the jail several times in case that was going to fix it). I also added both users to the plex group, to no avail.

I have no intention of changing the ownership of the folder as I expect that will mess up my Plex server's access to the folder. I've also got a Nextcloud plugin jail accessing the folder successfully (I think because I explicitly added its owner to the plex group). The only reason I'm using Resilio is because I want to sync that folder to my Android phone and Nextcloud doesn't allow me to change the target folder location on the Android side, which Resilio did.

So: any advice anyone can offer will be gratefully accepted.