Reports empty after upgrade.

dkemppai

Dabbler
Hi All,

After an update to 11.2 U4.1, freenas reporting graphs are empty. Everything's at zero. Nothing to see there.

Going to the legacy gui shows all the data I'm looking is there. Memory usage, disk writes, network. It's all there.

I'm in the middle of a big copy, and wanted to watch Disk I/O, memory, netowrk, etc.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Dan

diedrichg

Wizard
Clear your browser's cache

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
After an update to 11.2 U4.1, freenas reporting graphs are empty. Everything's at zero. Nothing to see there.
Could be a bug. Did you file a report?

dkemppai

Dabbler
Could be a bug. Did you file a report?

I'm going to try clear the browser cache later when I get in front of the machine again. I'm new enough with FreeNAS, I figured I'd better do some digging before filing a bug report... :)

So, to hijack my own thread...
I did notice a few other odd things. These could be caused by me, or from me doing 'dumb' things, or just not understanding everything yet.

1. After the update, the root password was not correct. I had a monitor and keyboard plugged into the freenas box, so was able to reset it there. All the other settings seemed to be ok. Root pw was not what it previously was, and was not blank.

2. Not all directories are visible in a freenas SMB share on windows anymore. They previously where there visible. The directories are 'hidden', but they are there (I can navigate to them with a command line in windows, they just don't show up in explorer). This share in question is the root of the ZFS pool (so maybe that's a no-no???), with the directories in question being below that and shared as their own shares. The idea is to use the sub directory shares to map to drive letters in windows (\\freenas\files, \\freenas\working, etc), but to use the freenas root share for backups (one backup job to rule them all...). Maybe that's a dumb idea...

3. Last one. robocopy locks up on copying some files to the freenas share. Still not sure if it's a freenas issue, or robocopy issue. The two don't want to play together yet.

Overall, the setup seems good. I'm pleased with network speeds with 10G network cards and fiber. Speed tests of up to 4Gb reads/writes (most likely all to cache) is about 1100Mb/s, and random and large stuff that isn't cached is around 200Mb/s (dirves are a limit here). Waiting on a UPS, and need to schedule SMART, Scrubs, and Resilvering, etc...

Still learning...

Dan

dkemppai

Dabbler
Clearing the browser cache seemed to do the trick. Not sure why I didn't think of that. Thanks!

hijacked #2 above, seems to be related to robocopy setting ACL's on the network drive. Changing the permissions on the share to by checking the "Default Permissions" seems to fix it again.

#3 above, Robocopy only appears to lock up if the file exists on the freenas drive to begin with. If the drive is empty, no problems at all. Right now it's sticking on a directory of .tif files from 1997... ...Still not sure what that's about.

Dan