Is the reporting functionality going to be completed/improved in FreeNAS 11.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mannekino

Patron
Hi,

I've been running FreeNAS 11.2-RC1 for almost 2 weeks no and so far I've been pretty happy with the results. I was still on 11.1-U6 with my old NAS but it was failing and I decided to make the switch.

The only real complaints I have now is the poor reporting functionality. I don't know if something is wrong with my FreeNAS server/installation or that the reporting isn't working properly yet but a great deal of graphs seems to be missing.

When I use old GUI I do see all the graphs I expect to see. Here are a couple of screenshots of the new and old GUI on my FreeNAS server https://imgur.com/a/AMlj2jR . Some of the things I seem to be missing:

• A whole bunch of disk graphs. In the new GUI I only see about 5 graphs (4 for disk-ada0 and one for disk-ada1) the rest is missing and there are a lot in the old GUI. For example disk temperature is missing.
  • There is no CPU temp in the new UI
  • Partitions is missing a bunch
  • Network doesn't show all the interfaces (not for my jails at least)
Also the graphs aren't very clear and helpful at first glace. Font face seems to be different compared to the rest of the GUI. I prefer to have similar style as the old graphs only a bit bigger.

Anybody else experiencing the same issues and do you know if this is still being worked on for the final release?

kdragon75

Wizard
I mentioned the fonts and lack of easy to understand lables/units before the beta... 11.2 seems like an extended UI preview of 11.3.

kdragon75

Wizard
D

dlavigne

Is an RC2 being considered? This may be a good idea as it sounds the RC1 is/was never not actually being considered a release candidate.

We will have to disagree on that point as RC1 was carefully considered on our side before being give the "RC" status.

Mannekino

Patron
Well I hope the graphs are going to be complete (with at least what we have now in 11.1) and improved so their properly readable. For the time being I will login to the old GUI to check my graphs.

Status
Not open for further replies.