SOLVED Removed Drive..Replugged.. Drive now shows unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimmerru

Dabbler
I was diagnosing a problem with our secondary FreeNAS system and accidentally pulled out the wrong drive.. I was way off, since I pulled one from our primary FreeNas system. Now the drive shows as unavailable in the GUI and zpool status. I have tried using the instructions in the replacing a failed drive section, but it doesn't give me the option to use that drive when replacing. I didn't actually change drives, I just plugged the same one back in and its almost like its detecting it as a new drive. This is in a server with attached powervault arrays so all drives are AHCI compatible. Any suggestions?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
More than likely you will have to reboot to get the drive to be detected since its not just working.Some hardware doesn't let you add disks hot with the FreeBSD drivers.

If it was a zpool, all you actually have to do is reboot and scrub. ZFS will realize that the disk was part of the pool and put it back in the pool. The scrub is to make sure that the disk is in sync with the pool since its out of sync now.

Status
Not open for further replies.