Redmine Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esa Mayfield

Cadet
Hi,

I have installed the redmine plugin and it says it is up, however, I cannot connect with a browser to the jail IP address. All I did was install and activate it.

The thought occurred to me that perhaps there was something that I still needed to do set it up. I have read through the installation procedure at redmine.org, but what the instructions are generic and do not take into consideration that I am trying to setup the FreeNAS plugin. Where is the configuration done for the redmine plugin, once installed?

Another thought occurred to me is that maybe I needed to setup a separate DB server first or something. I might be assuming that the plugin is an all in one package. I cannot find any info on this plugin. Is there any guide to getting the plugin up and running the FreeNAS environment? What installation steps from remine.org, do I not need to do? Where are the locations of the files, in relation to the instructions, when I shell into the jail?

Thank you ahead of time,
Esa

Esa Mayfield

Cadet
Also, how have you guys set it up? Is there another plugin that makes a good DB service for this, or do I need to make VM for that? Or, should I just skip the plugin and install Linux in a VM, and just follow the redmine instructions?

So many questions. Thank you.

Esa Mayfield

Cadet
And if I search google for FreeNAS and Redmine, guess what I mostly get? References to the "iXsystems & FreeNAS Redmine". So apparently iXsystems & FreeNAS uses Redmine as well for their needs, and they also call it "Redmine" instead of bug tracker. So it's hard to find info on FreeNAS and the redmine plugin by searching the web.

Esa Mayfield

Cadet
Okay, so there must have been some issue with the plugin installation yesterday. Today, I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it, and now I get a login screen. So, all of my questions are answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.