Plex Plugin Keeps Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeNASBob

Patron
I have Plex 1.8.1.4139 installed as a plugin in FreeNAS-11.0-U2 (e417d8aa5). When first installed everything went according to plan and used Plex for a few hours, but today the Plex plugin showed OFF in the web UI, so I went to check and it's really OFF. Trying to start it just gives the "Some error occurred" in the UI and nothing shows up in the log. Any ideas where to start hunting?

FreeNASBob

Patron
Turns out the jail stopped running. Not sure what's making the jail stop.

FreeNASBob

Patron
Not that look like they are related. I suppose something could be and not appear that way, but nothing obvious.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
If you get an error in the ui you will almost certainly get a message in the logs.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

FreeNASBob

Patron
The error in the UI was just from trying to start Plex when the jail wasn't running. Though it did not generate any log messages, just the "Some error occurred" message in the UI.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
The error in the UI was just from trying to start Plex when the jail wasn't running. Though it did not generate any log messages, just the "Some error occurred" message in the UI.
How do you know the jail is off? What is the output of jls on the command line? Can you run service plexmediaserver onestart in the jail?

FreeNASBob

Patron
How do you know the jail is off? What is the output of jls on the command line? Can you run service plexmediaserver onestart in the jail?

Because the UI showed "stopped" as the status for the jail. Starting it caused Plex to start and everything's normal for the time being.

FreeNASBob

Patron
Did it again. Plex couldn't reach the server this morning, so I check FreeNAS. The jail's status is "stopped" and nothing in the logs.

JLS on the command line lists nothing:

Code:
[root@freenas ~]# jls														   
   JID  IP Address	  Hostname					  Path					  
[root@freenas ~]#										   

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Can you pm a debug file? You can download it in the GUI, it will have all the logs in it.

FreeNASBob

Patron
PM sent

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
So you have lots of crazy stuff it appears. Why do you have a bunch of failed snapshots for jpool/amy?

Why is your UPS going on battery? Did you have a power outage?

It looks like your system is just constantly rebooting, are you doing this or is it doing it from failure?

This error: Aug 27 01:24:29 freenas uwsgi: [freeadmin.navtree:562] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.229.24/plugins/plexmediaserver/1/_s/treemenu: timed out, makes it look like you have a networking problem. You need to set the default gateway most likely.

why is your pool not imprted: Aug 29 23:58:05 freenas /autosnap.py: [tools.autosnap:258] Volume jpool not imported, skipping snapshot task #1 this error is all over the place.

Fix all your other problems then worry about your jails.

FreeNASBob

Patron
So you have lots of crazy stuff it appears. Why do you have a bunch of failed snapshots for jpool/amy?

Because I have an encrypted zpool and after power is restored the snapshot process can't run until I unlock it.

Why is your UPS going on battery? Did you have a power outage?

In my area Southern California Edison is just barely more reliable than what I'd imagine you'd get in a mud hut in Africa. We've had two more outages just since I last posted with no storms or inclement weather.

It looks like your system is just constantly rebooting, are you doing this or is it doing it from failure?

Only every week or so.

This error: Aug 27 01:24:29 freenas uwsgi: [freeadmin.navtree:562] Couldn't retrieve http://192.168.229.24/plugins/plexmediaserver/1/_s/treemenu: timed out, makes it look like you have a networking problem. You need to set the default gateway most likely.
That's what happens when the jail is stopped.

why is your pool not imprted: Aug 29 23:58:05 freenas /autosnap.py: [tools.autosnap:258] Volume jpool not imported, skipping snapshot task #1 this error is all over the place.

Fix all your other problems then worry about your jails.

Because it's encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.