Recadata I6 SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig51

Dabbler
I am wondering if anyone has tried the recadata I6 SSD drives a SLOG, the drive I am considering is the 128 gig mlc version,

https://www.recadatassd.com/military-ssd/2-5-sata-i6/

I am building several different machines, 4 for vm hosting and 4 to replicate to, my first build I took recommendation from here and installed a Dc S3710 as slog, I was able to pick up a 200 gig model at a reasonable price but now that I am getting ready to build the other 3 I am not finding the deals on 200 gig unit and 400 gig unit is fairly expensive. I am not opposed to paying going price for the DC S3710 but if the recadata drive is something that anyone has worked with and had success I would appreciate some feedback

Thanks,

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
It doesn't have power loss protection. I don't think it would be a good choice.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I didn't read far enough into it apparently. I am not familiar with the brand but from what I am seeing it should do the job. The Intel part is better known, but if these are a value it might be good enough. Wonder if anyone else will comment.

craig51

Dabbler
Thanks, for your input,

I was thinking the same but I am weary of a <$60 drive working where a $500 to $1500 drive is generally used but maybe these could be an option

since i will have 2 boxes with identical specs hopefully someone in the community can point me to some tests i can do do compare a unit with Intel vs aunit with iRecadata,

tvsjr

Guru
IMO... I've never been disappointed by Intel or Samsung SSDs. I've been disappointed by several other brands (I've got a laptop sitting next to me with a Toshiba SSD that crapped itself after writing less than 2% of its expected wear). SSDs are still pretty bleeding edge in many ways... buying the value brand doesn't always end well.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I don't happen to see any endurance numbers. If you're getting the SLC version, that's probably a little more optimistic than the MLC.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I don't happen to see any endurance numbers
That is probably the thing that would worry me more than anything.
I am not opposed to paying going price for the DC S3710 but
If you can afford the Intel part, it is likely the best solution for reliability sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.