Random Reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizydiz

Cadet
Hi. I have been using FreeNAS for about 6 years and love it! Currently on FreeNAS-9.10.1-U4 (ec9a7d3).

Western Digital drives are failing a lot lately so I figured it's time to do some updating. I updated Mobo Bios (ASUS), updated SATA cards, updated FreeNAS and now I'm noticing random reboots. I did a complete reinstall on a SanDisk USB and still getting random reboots. It seems like when you want the system to do something or move data or use JAILS/Plugin's it seizes up and reboots.

How/what is the best way to troubleshoot or collect information that I can post up here for help determining root cause of my issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

m0nkey_

MVP
Random reboots when it's doing something is usually a sign of a failing power supply.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
Or RAM.

dizydiz

Cadet
So I replaced the power supply. It seemed to take care of the multiple drives wanting to do a re-silver. Before I replace all the rest of the components (which would be a super pain in the arce) can someone assist me in finding the "new" root cause of my "freeze up and reboot" issue? I have attached what I think are Log Files from /var/logs/. I read through a few but I'm not seeing anything obvious to me.

Attachments

• FreenasLogs.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 243
Status
Not open for further replies.