Ran Out of Sata Ports

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I don't think an install is going to be any help, though it can't really hurt. That looks like something's wrong with the controller. Try disconnecting everything from it and then see if it works. Add one device back at a time.
Yeah do this and try reseating the controller in it's slot

masonvanmeurs

Dabbler
I unseated all connected drives, tried a different pci slot, unplugged the sff 8087 to sata connector, and still the same problem... Any ideas?

Last edited:

masonvanmeurs

Dabbler
I unseated all connected drives, tried a different pci slot, unplugged the sff 8087 to sata connector, and still the same problem... Any ideas?
Here is what the seller said and here's what I replied to him. What would you guys recommend I do? Does it need to be in the IT mode or can I get a regular one and try that?

Attachments

• EBAY.PNG
    EBAY.PNG
    876.6 KB · Views: 293

diedrichg

Wizard
I've read here on the forums that a few people have had luck with using a SATA to USB adapter and connecting the boot device to an internal USB port*.

*Standard cautions and risks apply.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Here is what the seller said and here's what I replied to him. What would you guys recommend I do? Does it need to be in the IT mode or can I get a regular one and try that?
I would try returning it, if you still have problems then you got something else going on. I think it's a dead card, has nothing to do with an ibm machine.

masonvanmeurs

Dabbler
So I ordered a non-Dell (regular LSI) card and threw it in. Same problem. Any ideas? Unless I got two bad cards, I think this is a compatibility issue with either the mobo or cpu chipset.