Quick question about LAGG LACP Jail setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow

Patron
Is it Possible to use sysctls to set a mac address on a jails IP address when Vimage is disabled ? I ask because I switched to LAGG LACP. I have had great Performance gains but would like my macs to be set in stone. I looked for a list of sysctls commands but did not Find any related to this subject or if it is possible. This is the Jails sysctls that I am talking about. I think I may have found a way to do this with tunables but have not tested it. The reason for this is I would like to keep this a static mac for each jail, so all my jails can be port forwarded under their respective MAC/IP address.

MAC addresses shouldn't change once a jail is setup. But you can easily set a static IP address in the jail and forward to that.

Snow

Patron
So I am not missing any thing So if DHCP is not set, Mac Address will not change on the network stack for that IP address? I ask Due to Static mapping as it relys on a static mac/ip and will in most cases not allow you to set just the IP One's VImage Is disabled. So you can set witch Nic is to be used you no long can see/set Mac address for that jail with the GUI. :Edit On a another note off topic Love your website:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.