Problems with Time Machine- and deleting files in pool

NASr710

Explorer
So I have been having problems with timemachine on my MAC. The backups have been failing. I read that it is best to delete the TM files and start a fresh backup but can't seem to be do that either. When I go to the files on my Mac, accessing the TM files, it tells me that I am unable to delete files.

"The operation can’t be completed because some items had to be skipped. For each item, choose File > Get Info, make sure “Locked” is deselected, and then check the Sharing & Permissions section. When you are sure the items are unlocked and not designated as Read Only or No Access, try again."

Files are not locked. I can't seem to delete them through TM either.

Is there a way of deleting the contents of the pool while keeping the pool itself? It seems like "Export/Disconnect Pool" would work and then select "Destroy data on this pool?" I assume this would keep the pool, just clear the data?

I am on FreeNAS 11.2

Thanks.

Last edited:

sretalla