SOLVED Problems with sharing since upgrade

wiseguy127

Dabbler
Appreciate any and all help. Since I upgraded to the latest and greatest freenas I can not edit,transfer files and applications can not edit the drives. I have followed the YouTube video to the T on adding shares. But the weirdtst thing is sabnzb can not download cause it can not weight to disk. I admit I'm sorta new to freenas but I can follow directions.

wiseguy127

Dabbler
Yes I did read that and just thought it was different cause applications couldn't wright to the disks.

aschaapherder

Dabbler
I just rolled back to 11.2-U1 and I can write to shares again. I am going to give it a couple of days to see how this works out.

wiseguy127

Dabbler
I did that and still have problems. Was thinking about going father back. Not sure how to fix this.

aschaapherder

Dabbler
You rolled back (and rebooted) and you still have issues? Did you verify you are on a previous release now? Did you chnge anything in the share or SMB settings?

wiseguy127

Dabbler
11.2-RELEASE-U1
Now/Reboot
1/5/2019 12:48 PM
4.9G
no
I setup another share and when I did that I followed the youtube video that always get posted on the this forum. Was thinking about deleting the shares and putting them back in. Don't want to lose any data on my drives.

aschaapherder

Dabbler
For me the rollback fixed the issue; I did not change anything after the update. Your data should be safe; it's the permissions that are mixed up. I see there are other issues with U2, apparently VNET is also broken in iocage jails.

aschaapherder

Dabbler

wiseguy127

Dabbler
Yea well this morning I found my freenas install before I swapped over to a ssd. Everything booted fine but sabnzb still couldn't Wright to the storage drives. I'm at the point where I will probably do the fresh install on a thumb drive. Once I get it working put the good freenas system on the ssd. So export the drives ro I can reinstall freenas. Then should reimport the pools into freenas ?

aschaapherder

Dabbler
Reinstalling FreeNAS will not overwrite your disks but be very sure you install on the correct disk or USB drive. For extra security unplug your data disks before you reinstall.

wiseguy127

Dabbler
I did a fresh install of
FreeNAS 11.1-U7
https://download.freenas.org/11/latest/x64/FreeNAS-11.1-U7.iso
Most of the guides that exist right now are designed for the User Interface (UI) represented in that version and it runs stable with few bugs and does all the things I want out of a NAS.
That Chris Moore recommended and re-imported the volumes. BUT had to make sure Zpool was correct

To view the status of Feature Flags on a pool, use zpool get all <poolname> | grep feature and it will give you a list of the features that exist and whether or not they are enabled or active.
If the last two features in that list are:
  • skein
  • sha512
It tells you that the pool has not been upgraded, but if they are:
  • Device removal
  • Obsolete counts
  • Zpool checkpoint
That tells you the pool has been upgraded. It used to require going to the terminal and typing a command but since it is in the GUI now, a lot more people have probably upgraded.
Once again Thank you Chris Moore
Now time to work on jails.