Problem with plex iocage jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJoki007

Dabbler
I had a plex server on my freenas in the old jail system. It was configured, that the media folder of the jails was pointing to a folder in my datastore, that i can access over samba. All data i moved in this folder with samba had the owner share and the group share.
So i created a group share in the plex jail and added the user plex to this group.
This worked perfectly.

But now i installed freenas 11.2 Beta 1 and created a new plex jail with the new iocage system.
I set it up like before. But now i have the problem, that plex can read the files but when i want to optimise something and plex wants to write those files on the disk i get an error:
Jul 15, 2018 08:53:25.612 [0x80bc62b00] ERROR - Error creating directory "my folder": boost::filesystem::create_directories: Permission denied: my folder
Jul 15, 2018 08:53:25.612 [0x80bc62b00] ERROR - TranscodeJobManager: [Running] directory is not writable: "my folder"
(replaced the folder name with my folder)
When i tried to create the folders over ssh with the plex user, it worked.
But another thing i found out is, when i want to change permissions with chmod (even with root user), i get a permission denied error.

kdragon75

Wizard
You need to find out the plex user ID and add that to the share group.

Status
Not open for further replies.