Syncthing permissions to use dataset TrueNAS SCALE

upek

Cadet
Trying to share a folder in a dataset I get the following error message:

2022-05-15 08:45:25: Failed to create folder root directory mkdir /': permission denied 2022-05-15 08:45:25: Error on folder "Hard Drives" (Hard Drives): folder path missing

I created a syncthing user with ID 568 and added read and write permissions to the folder.

It seems to have a problem accessing the /mnt folder which is where the dataset is mounted!

Heavy

Explorer
I have the same problem. Has anyone found a solution?
1666840734381.png

This is what I did. The application works fine for me now. But uhh.. as you can see the dataset is pretty much wide open. For some reason just giving "apps" the correct permissions wouldn't do it.

Hopefully this helps someone out.

pwa

Cadet
Good morning!

rather an old post, but I could not find any alternative. Have any of you lads find something better?

sretalla