Plex jail permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoopidoof

Cadet
Hello,

I have searched and searched for help on this but cannot find anything, if there is another thread please point me to it. I am trying to add an unsupported addon to my Plex media server but I get a message: Destination Folder Access Denied. You need permission to perform this action. I have my permissions set for the jail set to allow guest and all the boxes checked for owner user and guest. I get this error once i navigate away from the jails root folder. I have it set on a CIFS share to navigate on my windows machine, set it up just like all my other shares. I can copy the folder to the root directory but once I navigate even one folder in I get that message. I have tried both plugin folders as now I am unsure as to which to put it is as some say its one and some say its the other. I am new to Freenas, sorry if this is just me being ignorant. Here are the two paths I have tried to no luck.

\\FREENAS\Plex jail\usr\local\share\plexmediaserver\Resources\Plug-ins

\\FREENAS\Plex jail\usr\pbi\plexmediaserver-amd64\plexdata\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins

FreeNAS-9.2.1.7-RELEASE-x64

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
If you are doing anything to a jail you should be doing it from inside the jail not from free as. Use jls and jexec.

stoopidoof

Cadet
Guess I must be really bad at this. I have tried it from the shell but still learning the commands but it seems everything I try it usually tells me the directory doesnt exist.

root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # cp plex2csv.bundle /root/usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd6
4/"Plex Media Server"/Plug-ins/plex2csv.bundle
cp: plex2csv.bundle is a directory (not copied).

root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # mv plex2csv.bundle /root/usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd6
4/"Plex Media Server"/Plug-ins/plex2csv.bundle
mv: rename plex2csv.bundle to /root/usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/Plex Media Ser
ver/Plug-ins/plex2csv.bundle: No such file or directory

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
you are using the incorrect path. /root/usr/pbi/blah.... doesn't exist. you want /usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/blah.... But more important a .bundle is a linux package not freeBSD so the directions you are following probably won't work. It looks like it is just running a python script so it should work if you can make it that far.

stoopidoof

Cadet
Now I am getting

cp: Command not found.
mv: Command not found.

ie:
root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # cp -R "plex2csv.bundle" /usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd6
4/plexdata/"Plex Media Server"/Plug-ins
cp: Command not found.

The Plug-ins folder that I am trying to move the file to holds like 20 some .bundle files for plex addons and I just want to add a unsupported one to the list. I hate this cause I have my freenas setup exactly how I want it except this.

Status
Not open for further replies.