SOLVED Problem installing Rancher

Status
Not open for further replies.

-fun-

Contributor
On the first start of a freshly configured DockerVM for Rancher (all set up according to the Guide with 11.1 RELEASE) the Rancher image should be downloaded. However I get a message "Error: failed to download the image!". The VM then doesn't start.

How can I solve this?

Is it possible that a wrong download URL is contained in FreeNAS? Or maybe a resource in the internet is not available at the moment? How can I check this at all? What ports etc. would I need to open in my firewall?

(This is a cross post from here: https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...up-the-new-docker-vm.58879/page-2#post-427891. However the thread there is marked SOLVED and the scope is pre-release. I wasn't sure if this thread is actually on anyone's radar anymore ...)

-fun-

Contributor
One thought: Do I need to upgrade the pool for this to work? I never did this on any FreeNAS upgrade in the past. The ZFS pool is probably on a quite ancient status.

-fun-

Contributor
Well. I had a DNS problem in my FreeNAS. Although the name server was still contained in the settings the upgrade to 11.1 must have somehow deleted the DNS entry under the hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.