Rancher No longer working after update to FreeNAS-11.1-U6

Status
Not open for further replies.

daf

Dabbler
I'm having a setup where I run a rancher VM with several containers. One of them contains a torrent client that downloads large files to a folder that is mounted in the rancher container using the SMB protocol.
After updating to 11.1-U6 I was not aware that SMB was no longer working (due to the fact that SMB1 is disabled by default due to security issues) and the torrent client started to download to the container image file itself (with very limited space). So within a few minutes the container image file was full and rancher stopped working. So now I'm unable to access the container over SSH and rancher no longer starts anymore.

Is there a way to mount the rancher image, get access to the docker image file and delete the large file making the rancher image usable again? Or is there anything else I can try to restore my setup?

I'm familiar with mounting image files in a linux environment but bsd is a bit new to me.

Thanks in advance!

daf

Dabbler
Hi dlavigne, unfortunatly not, I deleted the rancher OS image and started form scratch.
Greetings,

Daf

Status
Not open for further replies.