Pre-existing ZVOLs unavailable for device mapping in VM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to create an Ubuntu VM in FreeNas 11. And my pre-existing ZVOLs are unavailable for mapping as a device in my VM. I created a new one specifically to install the OS, but I was going to mount my existing ZVOLs once I completed the install. But, only the new one is listed as option when I add a Disk device. Adding a CDRom does allow me to access the old ZVOLs so I can mount a disk image. But not available when configuring a Disk device

The old ZVol was created on FreeNAS 9.3, carried through without modification to FreeNAS 9.10. Then FreeNAS Corral. Then I reinstalled FreeNAS 9.10, import the existing ZVOL, and recently upgraded to FreeNAS 11.

I'm very new to this, so I'm not what other diagnostic information would be useful, nor how to get it. I suspect I might need to update my ZVOLs. But I'm not sure, and can't find this problem online. Any guidance, or instructions to get any diagnostic info anyone needs would be really appreciated. I'm trying to sync my Amazon Cloud Drive through ODrive to my FreeNAS install since they changed their pricing.

It has been awhile since I configured the storage. The storage I wish to map might be a dataset. Is there an easy way to convert a dataset to a zvol? The odd thing is I can't even see the zvol that contains what i suspect is a dataset. How can I tell the difference?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
It has been awhile since I configured the storage. The storage I wish to map might be a dataset. Is there an easy way to convert a dataset to a zvol? The odd thing is I can't even see the zvol that contains what i suspect is a dataset. How can I tell the difference?
Freenas version, hardware specs and detailed description of what isn't working and any errors or logs would be useful. Can't really help without this stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.