PMS won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

raidflex

Guru
There is an issue with the new version of the Plex plugin. I had the old plugin working fine without any issues. I have the same issue with the plugin not starting after being installed. I installed it straight from the app cafe into a new jail and it refuses to start. I tried creating a new plugins jail both with/without VIMAGE and installed the plugin into that jail and it still will not start. All permissions are correct and I have created the plex user/group in Freenas.

I have also tried rebooting the server after creating the jail/plugin and after removing my old Plex plugin.

raidflex

Guru
Anyone have any ideas?

nehmia

Cadet
I deleted the jail, went to acconut-->users-->view users then i selected the root user and changed the shell to csh. Then i reinstalled the jail manually. i creaed the jail by going to jails-->add jail, left all the settings alone except change the jail type from standard to pluginjail. I went to appcafe and downloaded the plexmediaserver-0.9.8.10.215-amd64.pbi plugin to my winbox while the plugin was being created. Once the jail was up and running, I highlighted the new jail then at the bottom of the jail screen there is a brown box stating to upload the plugin. Once the plugin was uploaded i went to the plugins page to turn it on and it worked.

Hello, I was having the same issue as TS, and tried removing the plugin and re-installing it, restarting the jail, unchecking VIMAGE, etc... and nothing worked. However, your post seems to have resolved my problem! For formatting sake, I would like to recap what I did:
  • Delete "plex_1" jail.
  • Create jail manually by going to Jails > Add Jails
  • Name Jail "plex_1", choose Advanced Mode
  • Leave all settings default, except change type from standard to pluginjail, click OK.
  • Download the PMS plugin from here(plexmediaserver-0.9.8.10.215-amd64.pbi).
  • Go to Jails > View Jails, choose plex_1, click Upload Plugin (brown box at bottom) and choose the PMS plugin previously downloaded then click OK.
  • After upload is complete, go to Plugins tab and turn on PMS.
These are the stpes I took to be able to turn on PMS plugin. I just setup FreeNAS 9.1.1 today using the documentation, so I have a pretty straight forward and "clean" environment. I am also very new with FreeNAS/FreeBSD/ZFS/etc, so I am not claiming this as the defacto solution to this issue that seems to be happening. All credit goes to member dir_d for the directions.

edit: Since my environment was just stood up today, I did not have to modify the root account shell setting to "csh" as mentioned in dir_d's post. This may be required for others, or may not, I do not know.

raidflex

Guru
Upgrading to 9.2RC which seemed to have resolved the issue. I performed a fresh install of PMS on 9.2RC and it started the first time.

nehmia

Cadet
Upgrading to 9.2RC which seemed to have resolved the issue. I performed a fresh install of PMS on 9.2RC and it started the first time.

Ha... I just saw this yesterday that 9.2RC was ready... felt like a jackass for setting up 9.1.1 all day yesterday! I guess I can look forward to it again.

raidflex

Guru
Ha... I just saw this yesterday that 9.2RC was ready... felt like a jackass for setting up 9.1.1 all day yesterday! I guess I can look forward to it again.

Well upgrading from 9.1.1 was painless, so you should be fine.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
And you can always wait a week or 2 for the release version. Then you won't run the risk of problems with a RC...

trickybreeze

Cadet
I have an issue very similar to this. Im very new to FreeNas and am running FreeNAS-9.2.0-RELEASE-x64 (ab098f4).

I have installed PMS via the plugin option and also installed MySQL (not an easy task). I had both of them up and running flawlessly. Then I rebooted my server to make sure everything would still work. I am not able to start ANY plugins from the GUI or using command prompt. I have not idea what to do. I am not usually one to post in forum, just read what others did to solve so I am truly at the end of my rope here! PLEASE HELP!

Jeff

rm-r

Contributor
do you see any errors in the gui footer? or in /var/log/messages?

Jim Morrell

Cadet
Turning off VIMAGE seemed to fix my issue with plex. I noticed once I turned that off the NAT setting was off and greyed out. What does VIMAGE do and what is it used for? I think it was working before with VIMAGE turned on (especially if it is the default cause I didn't modify any of the settings).

ssgoku129

Dabbler
Turning off VIMAGE seemed to fix my issue with plex. I noticed once I turned that off the NAT setting was off and greyed out. What does VIMAGE do and what is it used for? I think it was working before with VIMAGE turned on (especially if it is the default cause I didn't modify any of the settings).

Hodor... Hodor?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=freenas+vimage&l=1

"During creation, some jail types provide a VIMAGE option which provides that jail with its own, independent networking stack"

Hodor!

danb35

Hall of Famer
So you necro a 15-month-old thread with a barely-coherent rant about some problems you're not having anyway since you aren't using FreeNAS. Is that right?

ssgoku129

Dabbler
So you necro a 15-month-old thread with a barely-coherent rant about some problems you're not having anyway since you aren't using FreeNAS. Is that right?

he deleted his rage lol, I liked the part where he said "Sort it guys im using another nas server now im sick to death of freenas", must be nice to just drop one NAS and get another, wish I had that kind of $$$

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
he deleted his rage lol, I liked the part where he said "Sort it guys im using another nas server now im sick to death of freenas", must be nice to just drop one NAS and get another, wish I had that kind of $$$
He didn't delete it.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.