Plugins not loading. Possibly related to Network issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomSpaghetti

Dabbler
I'm very new to FreeNAS. I've had my machine up and running for a few weeks, with Plex running on it. Now I'm having a problem, under available plugins it says "no entry has been found".

I've tried several suggestions on forums I've read, including setting nameserver 1 and 2 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

From reading other forums, it seems to be a network problem. I logged into my router, and noticed that 192.168.1.174 says inactive, but that is the static IP I set for freenas. I can get the the webui for freenas using 192.168.1.174, so it's working, but not fully? When I setup the static IP, my router settings said that address was active. That is the only setting that I can see that is not the same as when everything was working fine.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Yes, you are new here as you have not read our forum rules. Please read the super small yet very informative set of rules, it will help us help you out better.

I agree that this sounds like a network issue, not FreeNAS. With that said I think you should look at your router but just to ensure this is all good would you please ensure that you have the default gateway set to the proper address (normally your router IP), and of course the Nameserver should also be set to the same IP address. These values would be different if you had some proxy type setup or custom network configuration. In my case I use 192.168.1.1 for both values. In the interfaces where you define the IP address should be 192.168.1.174/24.

If this doesn't fix the problem then you should be looking at your firewall/router and ensure something isn't off there. If you need further help on this please provide all the required information per the forum rules and provide as much detail as you can with respect to your network.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.