Plugins "broken" after update freenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunSkilZZ

Explorer
hi,

i updated freenas to the most recent version when it said there is an update available. i did this update but when the server booted back up all of my plugins were turned off and i can not turn them on again it just says some error occured.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Read the forum rules so you can provide good information and people can help you.

FunSkilZZ

Explorer
thats it, i dont know yet where i find the error logs and such ..

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You still haven't read the rules. Do that and you might get help.

FunSkilZZ

Explorer
well can u at lest tell me wich part i am not doing correctly ?!

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty

FunSkilZZ

Explorer
1. i did research like i always do ! with this i stumbled upon this : https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/plugins-page-not-working.30664/ wich lead to this, but this is not my exact problem as is can install, delete my plugins.
i tried installing a newer version of the plugin, start that one, start the old one ... but that dit not work.
2. i think this is the proper location because it is help an support and i have a problem with my plugins.
3. my title says exactly what its is, my plugins are not functioning after i did the latest update train. and as my discription says i think i cannot be more direct with what my problem is.
further : error information ? i would love to provide you that but i don't know how, thats why i asked HOW could i do that.
4. my hardware is in my signature ? not clear ? ask me more specific and i will edit the signature.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Again that info is in the rules:

5. If you aren't sure what to provide, paste the Debug information. This can be generated in the WebGUI under Settings → Advanced → Save Debug

and when on mobile platforms signatures don't exist so relying on that doesn't work.

FunSkilZZ

Explorer
well thank you, now should i post the complete debug file ?

drache

Cadet
Here are a few things to check that have helped me with the same problem you are having, or similar problem at least.
The Web interface seems to be broken for starting plugins, at least for myself. If I look at the Jails section however, the jails have started, have an IP address and I can open a console into them (the jails.) If you open a console into the jail in question and manually start the service (emby [emby-server], Plex [plexmediaserver], btsync [btsync], etc.)
Code:
service emby-server onestart

You can replace emby-server with plexmediaserver or whatever service you are trying to start.
you can also get the service name with the following command if it is another jail:
Code:
service -l

the service name for that plugin should be near the bottom, usually 3rd from the bottom.

If the service starts for you and you want it to start when the jail does, you can run the following based on what plugin/jail you are in:
Code:
sysrc 'emby_server_enable=YES'

Code:
sysrc 'plexmediaserver_enable=YES'

Code:
sysrc 'btsync_enable=YES'

basically, you convert hyphens to underscores and add _enable to the service name.

This may not be your issue, but it sounds exactly the same to the issue I was having.
Cheers,

Supa

Patron
Here are a few things to check that have helped me with the same problem you are having, or similar problem at least.
The Web interface seems to be broken for starting plugins, at least for myself. If I look at the Jails section however, the jails have started, have an IP address and I can open a console into them (the jails.) If you open a console into the jail in question and manually start the service (emby [emby-server], Plex [plexmediaserver], btsync [btsync], etc.)
Code:
service emby-server onestart

You can replace emby-server with plexmediaserver or whatever service you are trying to start.
you can also get the service name with the following command if it is another jail:
Code:
service -l

the service name for that plugin should be near the bottom, usually 3rd from the bottom.

If the service starts for you and you want it to start when the jail does, you can run the following based on what plugin/jail you are in:
Code:
sysrc 'emby_server_enable=YES'

Code:
sysrc 'plexmediaserver_enable=YES'

Code:
sysrc 'btsync_enable=YES'

basically, you convert hyphens to underscores and add _enable to the service name.

This may not be your issue, but it sounds exactly the same to the issue I was having.
Cheers,

I tried those commands to get Couch potato to show "ON" but it still shows off.

siCBzLj.png

The plugin works fine it's just annoying it says off and won't show ON.

4nOb4Ll.png

Apollo

Wizard
I tried those commands to get Couch potato to show "ON" but it still shows off.

siCBzLj.png

The plugin works fine it's just annoying it says off and won't show ON.

4nOb4Ll.png
On plex, you have to agree to the license in order to use it, otherwise it will not start I believe.
This can be the case for Couchpotato.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
@Supa @Apollo the GUI not working just related to the fragile nature of the plugins system. the middleware that interacts between FreeNAS and the plugin's jail somehow isn't communicating properly.
This has been biting people alot lately, so I'm hoping to get to that bottom of this. I've personally never had issues with updates so I'm trying to reproduce this at the moment.

Apollo

Wizard
@Supa @Apollo the GUI not working just related to the fragile nature of the plugins system. the middleware that interacts between FreeNAS and the plugin's jail somehow isn't communicating properly.
This has been biting people alot lately, so I'm hoping to get to that bottom of this. I've personally never had issues with updates so I'm trying to reproduce this at the moment.
I was experimenting with pfSense, and added a second NIC to it in order to have Freenas placed on another subnet, basically one WAN and two LAN's. I then got the sytem back onto one LAN only and I had issues with the different IP address. As I was making the changes while Freenas was still running, I got some IP conflict and other issues due to the fact Freenas WEB GUI needs to be given a fix IP address. Along the way, I lost WEB GUI access to my Freenas and IPMI. I did reboot the machine along the way, but I don't remember. I was able to perform the latest update as of a couple days ago and then it broke my plex PBI plugin. I had another Plex jail I created manually and this one was still working. I was also experimenting with other jails through CLI. Some jails I created after the update didn't work as I was getting the following error messages:

Code:
pkg install nano ... no address record

It turns out the /etc/resolv.conf files had the nameserver field missing or pointing to the wrong address.

Not sure if this issue has any bearing on this case, but it could be a contributor to the issue at hand as some of the plugins may terminate if network is not accessible.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I was experimenting with pfSense, and added a second NIC to it in order to have Freenas placed on another subnet, basically one WAN and two LAN's. I then got the sytem back onto one LAN only and I had issues with the different IP address. As I was making the changes while Freenas was still running, I got some IP conflict and other issues due to the fact Freenas WEB GUI needs to be given a fix IP address. Along the way, I lost WEB GUI access to my Freenas and IPMI. I did reboot the machine along the way, but I don't remember. I was able to perform the latest update as of a couple days ago and then it broke my plex PBI plugin. I had another Plex jail I created manually and this one was still working. I was also experimenting with other jails through CLI. Some jails I created after the update didn't work as I was getting the following error messages:

Code:
pkg install nano ... no address record

It turns out the /etc/resolv.conf files had the nameserver field missing or pointing to the wrong address.

Not sure if this issue has any bearing on this case, ut it could be a contributor to the issue at hand.
probably unrelated in most people's cases. I don't think the plugins rely on DNS after being installed.

Apollo

Wizard

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
It will if the plugin needs LAN or internet access.
Yeah, the plugin itself might. I just meant for the middleware (JSON) error people have been getting hit with.

FunSkilZZ

Explorer
Well i tried @drache suggestion but did not work.

further when i updated i reinstalled the plugins from scratch, like 30 mins ago i see a new update is available, i do this and just he same plex and trasmission won't start now.
only subsonic is still working.
and get these errors :
May 11 16:05:18 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: No RPC Token!]
May 11 16:05:25 freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:625] An error occurred while unserializing from http://192.168.1.200:34961/plugins/plexmediaserver/8/_s/treemenu: No JSON object could be decoded

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Well i tried @drache suggestion but did not work.

further when i updated i reinstalled the plugins from scratch, like 30 mins ago i see a new update is available, i do this and just he same plex and trasmission won't start now.
only subsonic is still working.
and get these errors :
May 11 16:05:18 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: No RPC Token!]
May 11 16:05:25 freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:625] An error occurred while unserializing from http://192.168.1.200:34961/plugins/plexmediaserver/8/_s/treemenu: No JSON object could be decoded
Mind restarting the broken jails, then showig the output of "jls"
I want to make sure the jails are getting IP addresses.

Thanks,

FunSkilZZ

Explorer
if i type jls in the freenas shell i get this :
Code:
[root@freenas ~]# jls                                                          
   JID  IP Address      Hostname                      Path                     
     1  192.168.1.204   TS3                           /mnt/volume01/SERVER/TS3 
     2  -               mineos_1                      /mnt/volume01/SERVER/mineo
s_1                                                                            
     3  -               openvpn                       /mnt/volume01/SERVER/openv
pn                                                                             
     4  -               plexmediaserver_1             /mnt/volume01/SERVER/plexm
ediaserver_1                                                                   
     5  -               subsonic_1                    /mnt/volume01/SERVER/subso
nic_1                                                                          
     6  -               transmission_1                /mnt/volume01/SERVER/trans
mission_1                                                                      
     7  -               webserver                     /mnt/volume01/SERVER/webse
rver    

but i can't follow with restarting, i restart the jail ? or do i do the onestart command ?
as i can see my teamspeak is getting an ip but the rest doesn't (tough the subsonic is working)

Status
Not open for further replies.