Plugin won't install

silentbirdie

Dabbler
Hello,
I previously had a problem getting plex to read my files and solved that but the I had connection issues witrh plex where it wouldn't start so I uninstalled the plex plugin to reinstall it and just reconfigure it but now the plugin won't reinstall i just get this error message.
1647842639112.png

I would like to know what is the cause of this message since I am able to ping websites from the shell so I can access the internet with my nas.
-update i can't install any plugins

Last edited:

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Under Network | Global Configuration make sure you have DNS and a Default Gateway properly set.

silentbirdie

Dabbler
Under Network | Global Configuration make sure you have DNS and a Default Gateway properly set.
would the dns and default gateway in global configuration be my router because it won't work for some reason I have even tried to reset my network interface to the default settings and it still won't work, here are my settings on global config and my network summary
1647871044308.png

1647871049515.png

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Default gateway looks fine, but if your nameserver on the router isn't doing the job, you can specify 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 in the configuration and see if that helps.

Maybe a general comment on what you should expect from your TrueNAS experience...

You're running a Realtek Network adapter, so expect difficulty and disappointment at some point. Intel NICs are recommended for a good experience.

Is your avatar a reference to this: https://imgur.com/9f6VsO2 ?

silentbirdie

Dabbler
I added 8.8.8.8 to the dns list and it still won't work I get the same error.
No it isn't a reference it's from a meme i found years ago.
what could the fact that'I'm using a realtek adapter I can't afford a new intel nic atm.
I'm tempted to do a full treunas reinstall since I don't have much data on it just my plex stuff which I can place somewhere else in case importing my old pool fails.

Last edited:

sretalla