Unable to reinstall nextcloud on TrueNAS because its running in shell

barryx27

Cadet
Hello all,

I have the following problem: I had uninstalled the Nextcloud plugin on my TrueNAS system and then wanted to reinstall it.

But now I can't install it anymore because I get the following error message: Error: nextcloud had a failure Exception: JailRunning Message: nextcloud is already running! Partial plugin destroyed

Has anyone had this problem before? How did you solve it? Is it possible to stop nextcloud with a shell command? If so, which command?

I would be very grateful! Sorry, I'm very new to NAS and I'm not really fit with command lines.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-28 183956.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-28 183956.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 89

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
iocage list

Is there a jail called nextcloud in that list?

If so:

iocage stop nextcloud

iocage destroy nextcloud

then install your plugin.

barryx27

Cadet
iocage list

Is there a jail called nextcloud in that list?

If so:

iocage stop nextcloud

iocage destroy nextcloud

then install your plugin.

Thanks for your reply and ideas! Unfortunately the jail name nextcloud was removed during installation. So it is no longer listed.

victort

Guru
If you are going to rebuild it anyway, I assume your jail and data is gone. Hopefully you have a backup.

I would highly recommend installing it using this script.

I started using this over plugins. Way more efficient and allow for jail rebuilding without having to move or lose your data when destroying the old one.

bigops

Dabbler
I do not recommend using the plugin for running Nextcloud if it is running any production data as like what Victor had pointed out the data is gone if you have any issues with the Jail. After doing much research I always use the manual route for Installing Nextclould as detailed in this post.

Manual Install Nextcloud

In addition the security of the Plugin installation may not be as robust as what you get with the manual install