Unable to install NextCloud plugin.

Bonnie Follweiler

QA Technician
iXsystems
We have gotten some reports that the Nextcloud installation is now working. I tried installing it and it worked. Please try installing it again - Thank you.

CatHerder

Dabbler
I had another go at installing the plugin today. This time with success. Looks like someone has been doing some work on the plugin or one of the dependencies.
The install log has a lot of messages "No certificates found."
Also had a separate pop-up box with a NextCloud banner about an untrusted certificate issued by TrueNAS. I checked to box to say "trust the certificate".

CatHerder

Dabbler
We have gotten some reports that the Nextcloud installation is now working. I tried installing it and it worked. Please try installing it again - Thank you.
As reported below. The plugin now works for me.
It would be good to get feedback on what has changed. This might be helpful for users on earlier versions of TrueNAS.

joey_tom

Cadet
ok, now nextcloud works! try it...
Hey I'm still stuck at the below error :

Quote-------

Error: nextcloud_xyz had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg error: - py38-fail2ban :,py38-certbot : Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_install.sh! Partial plugin destroyed

Unquote-------

Could please help suggest a fix for this, if you've got it sorted?

Thanks in advance

danb35

Hall of Famer
The only real answer for any plugin question is "don't use plugins":

xames

Patron
I prefer the danb35 scripts, but in a hardware fail emergency i need fast nextcloud plugin, but i think is not that fast, i go to danb35 slowly, more stable than any other of course.

garm

Wizard
the beauty of jails is that they are throwaways, just make sure you use some kind of deployment pipe, like @danb35 script, ansible of something and you can redeploy from backup in minutes, if that isn't fast enough you can always run systems in pares

shiv_2211

Cadet
I was unable to install nextcloud on TrueNAS, any suggestions , how to rectify ?
Screenshot 2023-06-15 134023.jpg

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
the beauty of jails is that they are throwaways, just make sure you use some kind of deployment pipe, like @danb35 script, ansible of something and you can redeploy from backup in minutes, if that isn't fast enough you can always run systems in pares
Or snapshot and replicate your jails. All jail related information is in the iocage dataset. You can fire up a copy of a jail on a second machine in an instant.