nextcloud installation error on truenas 13.0 u2

zGiacometz

Cadet
hello, can i get any help on this error of installation of nextcloud?

Error: nxtcld had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: Last 10 lines: + + + + + writing new private key to '/usr/local/etc/letsencrypt/live/truenas/server.key' ----- Signature ok subject=O = TrueNAS (Nextcloud), CN = localhost Getting CA Private Key Partial plugin destroyed

on 12.xx of truenas worked fine but now i can't even install.

i loose all of my data now. please help

THANKS

CaspHop

Cadet
I too tried to install nextcould for the first time yesterday.

I got the same message:
1662626515401.png

I Use 'TrueNAS-13.0-U1'

Can someone help?

ShareVepari

Cadet
getting the similar error tried already different combination/option, but still not working....at this point, i will look for other options

laush

Cadet
Did anybody find out solution for this ?
I expected Plugins to be like /usr/ports collection on FreeBSD but looks like nobody take care of Plugins.

danb35

Hall of Famer
looks like nobody take care of Plugins.
This is correct. @Kris Moore has repeatedly said that plugins are a dead end, all but deprecated, and a path to pain. His recommendation is to use SCALE if you want that experience.

laush

Cadet
This is correct. @Kris Moore has repeatedly said that plugins are a dead end, all but deprecated, and a path to pain. His recommendation is to use SCALE if you want that experience.
Why is not written officially somwhere ?
I have TrueNAS for about 1 year and the way how they take care of updates is a joke.
You never know next update will crash Your system or not.

danb35

Hall of Famer

kiriak

Contributor
I think the whole Core is driven slowly to a dead end. Development on it is already halted.
It will be kept alive for a while with kernel / security updates and minor fixes, I don't think more than a couple of years.
It is sad for me.
Even if somebody is not interested for the plugins, will forced to move to Scale due to limited functionality and features e.g. certificate options or security issues.

Just a user's opinion, maybe totally wrong but this is how it looks to me.
On the other hand I understand that companies have to make decisions based on real facts and needs.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I think the whole Core is driven slowly to a dead end.
I suspect the same thing, but @morganL has already rapped my knuckles a few times for saying so. But on this question, I'm somewhat sympathetic to iX.

Plugins have been around in Free/TrueNAS since the days of 8.0 in 2011. They've always sucked. First they used .PBIs, which were apparently opaque enough that nobody understood them. Then, somewhere in the 11.x series IIRC, iX switched to iocage as its jail manager, with promises of better, and community-supported, plugins. And while that led some of us to write scripts to set up jails for certain software, the "community plugins" thing never really happened. I don't even completely blame iX for this; developing and maintaining these is doubtless a major time suck. But I do blame them for aggressively advertising them as a major feature, while putting in less than the minimum effort to support them--and this has been going on for over 10 years.

Now, iX' senior VP of engineering is posting things like this in this very forum:
I may sound like a broken record, but using plugins on CORE is a path to sadness. The plugin system is more or less deprecated and as you can tell, somewhat unstable. If Apps are your thing, TrueNAS SCALE is going to be your path forward.
and
The plugin system on CORE is for all intents and purposes deprecated and in pretty rough shape right now,

To say the handwriting is on the wall would be an understatement.

With that said, jails remain solid. And Plex in particular is trival to manually install, or more trivial yet to install using my script (which should be in the Resources area).

Edit: and when it comes to Nextcloud, I have a script for that too--also in the Resources area.

Last edited:

CaspHop

Cadet
Next time I'll try first, and then post.

I tried installing nextcould again.
It worked quite well.:eek: