Plex Will Not Create the REQUIRED Jail

CROWN ME

Dabbler
Hey guys, I am not a very technical person with BSD, etc... But I have been trying to install the PlexMediaServer plugin on my own TrueNAS machine (version 13.0-U3.1), and am getting the same "FAILED, address received: 0.0.0.0/8 Stopped Jail..." error. Has anyone figured anything out one way or another? I followed the threads mentioned but am not sure what a definite answer to this issue was. Is this a problem with DHCP and having a 10g network card/switch? Note: I also have 10g switch and nics between TrueNAS and my workstation. Or do I indeed need to create at least ONE bridge interface first? Again, I am not very well versed w/ networking and BSD internals, so reaching out for some guidance here if possible.

Another question... if I DO have to create a bridge... my current adapter is configured w/ DHCP. If I create a bridge and define my CURRENT physical NIC to be a "member" of the bridge, do I need to enable "DHCP" on the bridge interface itself? Will the current DHCP IP assignments of the physical interface go away? Will I loose connectivity to the TrueNAS machine on my network? I am accessing everything with the Web GUI and want to be sure I do not loose connectivity as I have a lot of important data on this machine. Finally... I have NEITHER the option for "VNET" and "Berkley Packet Filter" available when I am trying to add the plugin. Is the DHCP expected to come from my router? Or does it come from some internal VNET within BSD?

Thanks to all. I look forward to your response. Thanks in advance for your time.

Last edited:

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
You must move the DHCP setting to the bridge interface you create. To make sure the new bridge interface gets the same MAC address as your current one, set these two tunables and reboot once before creating the bridge:

NameValueType
if_bridge_loadYESLOADER
net.link.bridge.inherit_mac1SYSCTL