Can't install Plex due to VNET failure

eccoingmark

Cadet
Hello, I'm super new to FreeNAS and have been trying to figure this out for the past two weeks.

I'm unable to install Plex using VNET. I cannot even manually create my own jail with VNET because it fails.

I think I'm the only one with my use case for FreeNAS so here's how I'm using it.
My server is setup as a storage and media server. It is also acting as a network switch for a couple other computers. I've got a 1-port NIC on the motherboard and 2 additional 2-port NICs. One of the NICs is 10gb. I've bridged all the interfaces in a single bridge so that everything gets internet and the traffic routes through the motherboard's on-board NIC.

I've managed to create a jail and install plex by NOT using VNET and taking an interface out of my bridge and using it as an install interface, then once it's installed, I put that interface back into the bridge. This is the only way I can install plex or even create a jail. Unfortunately, Plex won't transcode, stream, or download metadata, so completely unusable.

In terms of trying things, I've followed pretty much every guide on here and the Plex forums but nothing's working. I've tried this and variations on it: https://www.ixsystems.com/community...adata-and-transcoding-issue.60628/post-488842

I've been trying to research what VNET actually is, but I don't really understand it. I also understand you can't bridge bridges and a single interface cannot be a part of more than one bridge. Am I out of luck for my use-case?