SOLVED Plex DNS install error derived on networking question

faktorqm

Dabbler
Hi forum, I have tried to install Plex media server on my TrueNAS using the basic options but I got a DNS error (the jail is not able to reach pgk.freebsd.com).
Then I started to investigate and it seems the problem is lack of networking configuration.

Currently I have an interface "em0" with IP address 192.168.54.2 (the gateway is 192.168.54.1). I have a TV box on 192.168.54.3 and a virtualized Debian linux (using bhyve) on 192.168.54.4. The bridge was created when I installed the VM using the trueNAS GUI. and works flawlessly.

What I want is to create the Plex jail with 192.168.54.5 address, but using the same bhyve bridging technique, I mean, to have (cloned?) em0 as kind of main interface and plex attending that IP address.

When I do ifconfig, I see an interface called vnet0 and bridge0 which I can't see them on the GUI (because they were created using bhyve?).

I have tried using NAT, does not work. DHCP will not work as I don't have an DHCP server available on that network. I have tried manual installation doing this:

Code:
iocage create --release 12.3-RELEASE --name plexjail boot="on" vnet=on ip4_addr="vnet1|192.168.54.5/29" interfaces="vnet1:bridge0" defaultrouter="192.168.54.1"

but the jail has ping to 192.168.54.2, but no to the gateway 192.168.54.1, and as expected, no ping to 8.8.8.8.

I have tried to create a bridge1 but when I try to make em0 member it gives me an device busy error and I lost connectivity to the Debian linux.

As you may notice I'm not fully familiar with FreeBSD so may be I'm doing things wrong but every post I read on this problem does not mix bhyve networking with jail networking.

Thanks a lot for your time :)

faktorqm

Dabbler
Network diagram of the desired configuration:

1656872154990.png

Also I have read LINK but if I use
Code:
vm switch list
it does not work. Same for pot and other tools mentioned on that post.
Code:
ifconfig -g epair
also show nothing.

Thank you!

faktorqm

Dabbler
OK Forum I think I solved it. It looks like I published this question on the wrong sub forum, I have received no answers...

After reading a lot of time and tried a lot of things, I followed this post and that solved my problem. Also I did this post (published by the same person!!) and now it's working like a charm. Kudos to Patrick M. Hausen!