DNS Error When Trying To Install PLEX

HasanM

Dabbler
Stop the jail.
Expand the jail, and click Mount Points:
JailsOptions.png

You can then map your media dataset into a directory inside the jail.

DO NOT move anything under iocage, or try to modify permissions under iocage.
well, I think that is what I did. I found one already mounted, and I added the folder where I saved all my media. Does this look correct?

Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 4.17.32 PM.png

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
You've got the right idea. I don't remember if the destination is the path inside the jail, or the full host path. Unfortunately, I'm not in front of my system to verify.

HasanM

Dabbler
You've got the right idea. I don't remember if the destination is the path inside the jail, or the full host path. Unfortunately, I'm not in front of my system to verify.
Yeah, this is the last step really. How to make plex access my media folder. If the mounts are correct, then it should already have access, we just have to deal with the permission thing.
If the mounts are wrong then I don't know what to do.

Samuel Tai

OK, I was able to check my system, and the destination is the host path, not the path inside the jail. Inside the jail, Plex would see the config at /config and the media at /media.

HasanM

Dabbler
Alright, that was my mistake. The permission should be given to the media folder that contains all the media, so I can finally say its working. Its so satisfying lol.
Again thank you all for the help.

But we're not done yet lol, regarding gpu decoding. As far as I can tell, plex only support intel's igpu? at least on a NAS? I built my server with the idea that I'll have gpu decoding so I reused my old AMD R5 3600 and GTX 1660, if I can't use the gpu then I screwed that up real good :confused:

Samuel Tai

TrueNAS Core is based on FreeBSD, which isn't listed as a supported OS for hardware acceleration. Some folks here have got it working intermittently on an experimental basis, but it's not stable.

HasanM

Dabbler

TrueNAS Core is based on FreeBSD, which isn't listed as a supported OS for hardware acceleration. Some folks here have got it working intermittently on an experimental basis, but it's not stable.

Hmmmm, so the solution is to get a better cpu I guess. At least on AMD's platform its easier to upgrade so..

HasanM

Dabbler
Alright, so I found a video regarding hardware acceleration and this is what I understood. Using Truenas scale, the guy set up a VM using linux and dowloaded plex on the VM and got it to use nvidia gpu for hardware acceleration.
So I can migrate to scale and do the same thing, my question is how would the migration affect plex that I already downloaded?
If I can run plex for linux on a VM why not run it on core? whats the difference between core and scale that affects the VM?