Plex error code

Aotearoaboi

Dabbler
Hello everyone

Im new to this, managed to get TrueNAS CORE setup by watching tutorials. Im basically going to be using it for plex and my own personal media for editing like photos and videos

Ive encountered this when trying to install Plex
Error: PlexJail had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: + Acquiring DHCP address: FAILED, address received: ERROR, check jail logs Stopped PlexJail due to DHCP failure Partial plugin destroyed

I wondering if its something to do with SMB but I already have smb on. Any suggestion or advice?

Whattteva

Wizard
Ive encountered this when trying to install Plex

I wondering if its something to do with SMB but I already have smb on. Any suggestion or advice?
It has nothing to do with SMB. It's saying that it can't get an IP from the router in your LAN. How is your TrueNAS machine connected to your network?

Aotearoaboi

Dabbler
It has nothing to do with SMB. It's saying that it can't get an IP from the router in your LAN. How is your TrueNAS machine connected to your network?
Hi thank you for your reply

TrueNAS is on a wired connection. My PC is wireless but I've loaded about 500GB onto it no issues. I have having no problems loading things on to the storage. What else could be causing this issue?

Whattteva

Wizard
TrueNAS is on a wired connection. My PC is wireless but I've loaded about 500GB onto it no issues. I have having no problems loading things on to the storage. What else could be causing this issue?
Hmm, as long as the TrueNAS itself is on wired connection, it should be able to bridge the jail and get an IP from your router. Is your TrueNAS connected to a port on the router directly? How is it wired up?

Aotearoaboi

Dabbler
Hmm, as long as the TrueNAS itself is on wired connection, it should be able to bridge the jail and get an IP from your router. Is your TrueNAS connected to a port on the router directly? How is it wired up?

Hello again, thank you for your message

Ive got a cable running from my router to a switch which my TrueNAS device is plugged into. Will that make a difference for the plex?