Plex Web Gui can't be reached

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capri280

Cadet
Hi, I have been running FreeNAS for about 5 years with several plugins. All was good.
As there was a big upgrade to 11.2 I thought I'd do a rebuild and add some extra storage. That was all successful.

I am having problems with the Plex Media Server plugin. I have it installed, have set-up the mount points and launched it. However, I cannot access the Web GUI. I have manually entered http://192.168.1.150:32400/web/index.html in my browser but get the "Can not connect" message. Having watched an install video there is a Management button between the Stop and Delete options on the Plugin that I don't have. The bloke in the video clicks on Management and PMS launches. I've searched forums and Google for hours to no avail.

My FreeNAS monitor has the message:
"plex cron[29387]: login_getclass: unknown class 'daemon'
"plex cron[29387]: _secure_path: /etc/login.conf is world writable"

Can anyone help?

System Information:
OS Version: FreeNAS-11.2-RC1 (Build Date: Oct 17, 2018 23:38)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 cores)
Memory: 8 GiB

Last edited:

Capri280

Cadet
I have spent all day reinstalling Plex and trying everything I could think of. Just installed Plex MS (without Plex Pass) this time and it worked first time. The Plex Media Server Pass Plugin must be corrupt.

Capri280

Cadet
Update: Plex libraries found all my music and films/TV from two mount sources ok. Films/TV played fine on all plex devices. Although music albums were listed in plex none would play. Then plex stopped working altogether. Had to reinstall again and again until it finally worked. Then it stopped being able to locate media giving a runtime error. Many reinstalls later and nothing. Reinstalled Freenas and plex and it worked for a while then stopped. I cannot stress how pissed off I am with this. Freenas and plex have been faultless for 5 years then I upgrade to FN 11.2 and nothing but problems. Doing the same thing has different results. Reinstall plex and it wont mount media. Reinstall and it does. Then it stops. Seriously looking for alternative systems now. 4 days wasted on this.

danb35

Hall of Famer

Capri280

Cadet
11.1 RC1 isn't advertised as Beta. No other versions are available for download off the FN site. I would happily go back to a previous version.

Capri280

Cadet
11.1 RC1 isn't advertised as Beta. No other versions are available for download off the FN site. I would happily go back to a previous version.

danb35

Hall of Famer

danb35

Hall of Famer
...or https://www.freenas.org/download-freenas-release/:
upload_2018-10-29_18-31-30.png

Status
Not open for further replies.