Can't connect to Plex Web GUI on LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

stamps_

Dabbler
Hi guys,

I can't figure out why I can't connect to the Plex Web GUI after initial Plugin installation. When I go to where the web GUI should be - http://192.168.1.120:32400/web - I see "This site can't be reached. 192.168.1.120 refused to connect".

I've disabled security for initial access when selecting the plugin. My jail is set up as DHCP which is okay for now (both under the jail itself and in the main jail configuration . Here is a screenshot of my jail template.

I'm able to SSH (SFTP) and get to the Web GUI of FreeNAS with no issues. This is the only plugin I have. I'm perfectly okay with deleting or restarting anything jail related.

Any ideas as to what is going on with my jail set up or Plex?

Bhoot

Patron
Hi guys,

I can't figure out why I can't connect to the Plex Web GUI after initial Plugin installation. When I go to where the web GUI should be - http://192.168.1.120:32400/web - I see "This site can't be reached. 192.168.1.120 refused to connect".

I've disabled security for initial access when selecting the plugin. My jail is set up as DHCP which is okay for now (both under the jail itself and in the main jail configuration . Here is a screenshot of my jail template.

I'm able to SSH (SFTP) and get to the Web GUI of FreeNAS with no issues. This is the only plugin I have. I'm perfectly okay with deleting or restarting anything jail related.

Any ideas as to what is going on with my jail set up or Plex?

Try accessing it through the left pane. You first need to select the plex from a collapsable left menu then check mark the only option and click ok. then try accessing the same address.. should work.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Is the service actually running? It doesn't start automatically after install if I recall

Bhoot

Patron
Oh yes.. the plugin installs in the off mode by default too. Just reinstalled my plugin..

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Is the service actually running? It doesn't start automatically after install if I recall
Yeah this. Did you start the service in the installed plugins page?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
and the service are running.

Are you sure? Open the jail CLI and type service plexmediaserver restart

And before we go any further you really need to post some detailed system specs to make sure we're not chasing our tails here, because well....it is the rules.

Bhoot

Patron

stamps_

Dabbler
CL
Are you sure? Open the jail CLI and type service plexmediaserver restart

And before we go any further you really need to post some detailed system specs to make sure we're not chasing our tails here, because well....it is the rules.

CLI'd in and that fixed it.

For whatever reason the GUI service switch is not properly displaying the service running or not.

Just tested with service plexmediaservice stop

Thanks guys, will make sure the hardware rule is followed in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.