Salvage Plex for new server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kersus

Dabbler
So, I had an issue - see https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/9-2-to-11-pool-and-dataset.59442/

Now, while I 'try' to connect a separate box as FreeNAS 11, I'm looking to do two things.

1) Backup/Get the Plex metadata. If I get the new NAS working, I'll just plop all the data there, install Plex (jail or plugin) and import the metadata. The only parts I care about are showing what's been watched, what hasn't and where I'm at in movies and TV shows.

2) Potentially fix Plex on the original FN 9.2.0 box in case the new 11 never gets off the ground. Perhaps learning about the problem and fixing it would help learn something.

If you can help or guide me to some help, I'd appreciate it.

As for my old 9.2.0, other than losing access to Plex, it appears to work. Every five seconds I get:

Code:
plexmediaserver_1 cron[46272]: _secure_path: /etc/login.conf is world writable
plexmediaserver_1 cron[46272]: login_getclass: unknown class 'daemon'

46272 is an ever increasing number. There could be anywhere from 1-5 of the first line before the second line and it just keeps repeating.

Happy to supply logs and such but not exactly sure where to start.

Kersus

Dabbler
I have 11 up and running, Plex installed manually into a jail (no plugin) and all the data transferred over. I have even found and backed up the PlexData from the 'old' server but I can't find any way to put it into the 'new' server.

For now I'll keep both NAS machines running. If I can't get 11 to use the old plexdata, I may just abandon 11 and redo the 9.2.0 jail if possible and hope that I can restore the backup into it.

There doesn't seem to be a plethora of help at freenas or plex for this sort of thing.

old and new are in quotes because I don't currently feel the 'new' one is really any better than the 'old' one. One worked until I foolishly tried 11, and now it doesn't. 11 works but without the metadata I can't see us trying to go through everything and re-setting PMS into all the right spots manually.

The error that I'd still like to fix is on the 'old' server due to booting it with 11 once. The only change to it was that and it broke Plex and gave errors. Prior to 11, it worked fine.

The new server's only purpose is to import the old plex data and work faster. I have no intention of recreating the error on the 'new' server; so the answer is no.

So we're left with:

1) How do I write the plexdata into the jail on FN11 when it won't allow me to do so even though it has 7x7 permissions.

2) Is there a way to fix PMS on FN9? If not, would removing and reinstalling PMS be the best solution - bearing in mind the most important thing is the plexmetadata. All the actual data is backed up or quite replaceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.