Plex permission issues? (jail install) - refuses to allow clients or web interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyt

Dabbler
Freenas 11.0-U4

I installed plex (a few months ago) in a jail and up until a few days ago it was working fine. It was working fine under 11.0-U3 and U4 after the update. Then out of what seems like no where I was unable to connect to the web interface nor were the clients (roku) able to connect. I believe it is a permission issue, but I cant seem to find the magic needed to fix them. After finding several threads in all kinds of forums about setting permissions and trying several commands that didnt work, out of "desperation" I recursively set the permissions of the jail to allow all from all users. When I did that, plex came to life.. but sadly it would not survive a nas reboot or a jail restart.

Now, every five minutes on the IPMI viewer that is the monitor output for the system I get:

Date/Time Plex Cron [job number]: login_getclass: unkown class 'daemon'
Date/Time Plex Cron [job number]: _secure_path: /etc/login.conf is world writable

Any thoughts on how to fix it or I am better off just deleting the jail and starting over.

D

dlavigne

Ouch. Did you end up finding a way to fix it or did you just reinstall it?

jimmyt

Dabbler
just gave up.. deleted the jail and reinstalled it via the jail. so far so good. I just need a way to figure out how to back up the configuration / jail so I can just restore it if it happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.