Plex Update now cannot get to web admin site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDM

Explorer
OK...I reinstalled Plex. Started up, web page works, services all running. However...I go to copy my media over...no permissions to write to dirs. I checked everything 5X. I did use the previous mounts and dirs. but it looks like they are set up right. What the hell am I missing?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
OK...I reinstalled Plex. Started up, web page works, services all running. However...I go to copy my media over...no permissions to write to dirs. I checked everything 5X. I did use the previous mounts and dirs. but it looks like they are set up right. What the hell am I missing?
You should not have to copy your media to Plex. It should just live in your zfs pool and you mount that dataset into the jail.

Why are you copying data?

RDM

Explorer
LOL, *that* is a good question. I have the mounts that POINT to the Media dirs. in Plex. However, when I initially copied them, plex would not see them. However, when I DID copy them into the jails Plex was able to see them. Right now, my data is all there in the mounts AND pointing to the jail. But still does not see them?

I hate to sound like a noob, but it shouldn't be this hard to set this up. I read and followed all the docs too.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
LOL, *that* is a good question. I have the mounts that POINT to the Media dirs. in Plex. However, when I initially copied them, plex would not see them. However, when I DID copy them into the jails Plex was able to see them. Right now, my data is all there in the mounts AND pointing to the jail. But still does not see them?

I hate to sound like a noob, but it shouldn't be this hard to set this up. I read and followed all the docs too.
What permissive does your data have? And who is running Plex. Does the user running Plex have permissive to read your data?

RDM

Explorer
OK, here is my Jail Storage

upload_2017-10-12_11-26-40.png

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
What does ls -lr /media in the jail give you?

And what is the error Plex gives you when adding the media to the library

RDM

Explorer
Maybe I need to restart SMB or something? Or maybe I never had it set up right in the first place. And add the reinstall on top.

Like currently there is stuff in the POOL that points to the jail storage. Why would it not show up? I'm not sure how I would get to magically show up?

Here is the output:

[root@freenas] ~# jexec 2 csh
root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # ls -lr /media
total 2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 2 Oct 11 14:45 Video
drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 2 Oct 11 14:45 Photos
drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 2 Oct 11 14:45 Music

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Plex and smb have zero relationship. Why do you think you need to restart smb? Nothing in the pool should point inside the jail. Jails are meant to be completely separate from everything else.

What is the erorr plex gives you when adding the media to the library? It looks like your permission are ok. What are the permission on /media? and some of the folders inside Video?

RDM

Explorer
I just get this. But like I said, data is already in the pool and it points to the plex storage. When I go into plex and say process library I just get "Nothing Found".

upload_2017-10-12_12-6-20.png

Inxsible

Guru
I think you need to mount the folder for it to be accessible. You see that
Code:
Mounted?
flag, enable it and try again.

In the second screenshot, you might need to set the permission recursively too in case the child nodes do not have the right permissions for you to be able to access them.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I just get this. But like I said, data is already in the pool and it points to the plex storage. When I go into plex and say process library I just get "Nothing Found".

View attachment 21076
Is there anything there?

RDM

Explorer
Sorry I was at lunch but....GOD BLESS YOU!!!!! That was it!!! Plex is now scanning the libs!!!! I don't know if that was the original issue or what but. And, I know I said I followed all the steps but somehow I missed that.

LOL, and NOW FOR THE KICKER!!! My status just went RED, says one of my BRAND NEW drives is unavailable. Good thing I paid extra for the WD Blues.

Anyways, thanks SAL and everyone else. I would just like to one day have a nice stable FreeNas...LOL....

Inxsible

Guru
Sorry I was at lunch but....GOD BLESS YOU!!!!! That was it!!! Plex is now scanning the libs!!!! I don't know if that was the original issue or what but. And, I know I said I followed all the steps but somehow I missed that.

LOL, and NOW FOR THE KICKER!!! My status just went RED, says one of my BRAND NEW drives is unavailable. Good thing I paid extra for the WD Blues.

Anyways, thanks SAL and everyone else. I would just like to one day have a nice stable FreeNas...LOL....
@me or @SweetAndLow ??? :confused:

Check your zpool status and post back. Did you burn-in your BRAND NEW drive? I hope you have set up SMART tests to be run on schedule. Run SMART tests manually to see if they bring up interesting information.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
@me or @SweetAndLow ??? :confused:

Check your zpool status and post back. Did you burn-in your BRAND NEW drive? I hope you have set up SMART tests to be run on schedule. Run SMART tests manually to see if they bring up interesting information.
This^

you should be burning in your new drives. At this point I would make a new thread for this new issues. Also blue drives might not have been the best choice for nas drives.

RDM

Explorer
Whoops! My bad !!! I meant you...LOL.

And everyone, but you nailed it!

<SIGH> Burn in? No....smart tests. I have them on but never got an alert.

I checked the status, doesn't really say much.

RDM

Explorer
I know you said to start a new thread but real quick, does anyone see anything?

[root@freenas] ~# zpool status | more
pool: FreeNas
state: DEGRADED
status: One or more devices could not be opened. Sufficient replicas exist for
the pool to continue functioning in a degraded state.
action: Attach the missing device and online it using 'zpool online'.
see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-2Q
scan: scrub repaired 0 in 2h11m with 0 errors on Sun Sep 24 02:11:44 2017
config:
NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
FreeNas DEGRADED 0 0 0
mirror-0 DEGRADED 0 0 0
5260398822280106067 UNAVAIL 0 0 0 was /dev/gptid/67d9f3bb-8354-11e7-9f0d-6c0b84deec59
gptid/68c6907a-8354-11e7-9f0d-6c0b84deec59 ONLINE 0 0 0
errors: No known data errors
pool: freenas-boot
state: ONLINE
scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0h1m with 0 errors on Sat Sep 9 03:46:58 2017
config:
NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
freenas-boot ONLINE 0 0 0
da0p2 ONLINE 0 0 0
errors: No known data errors

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Your drive died or is disconnected. Run smartctl -a /dev/<da#> and smartctl -t short and smartctl -t long.

Run them in that order because the long test is going to take a long time. You should probably think about replacing the disk that failed or figure out if it's just unplugged.

RDM

Explorer
Guys...without starting a new thread, I finally got a dam replacement drive..what an ordeal. I have read a lot on replacing drives. I think most of the articles are older though. It looks like I can just plug in new drive and start it up and it should know that a replacement has been made? It should ask if I want to replace it? It seems too easy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.