Plex plugin not working after updating to Freenas 9.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

biltong

Dabbler
So I've just updated to 9.10, and I read that there were some changes to jails so it is advised to trash your jails root and start over fresh. So I bit the bullet, took a backup and did exactly that. I have a new plex plugin installation started, and PMS is not starting. I kept seeing logs saying "exited on signal 11".

I've got a shell open on the jail, and trying to run the plex binary itself gives me this:

Code:
# /usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/share/plexmediaserver/Plex_Media_Server
Shared object "libboost_system.so.1.59.0" not found, required by "Plex_Media_Server"

I'm glad I have my backup, but I was wondering if anyone knows what I can do to resolve this. I've searched this forum and come up blank, and google points me towards plex looking for the library in the wrong place.

If I run start.sh in the plexmediaserver directory, it seems to start and it seems to start its web server, but it sits forever on a blank screen with only the plex logo, nothing else.

Any ideas?

D

dlavigne

Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here. It sounds like the Plugins need to be rebuilt against 9.10.

madik

Explorer
I have a little different issue afer moving to 9.10. No idea whats going on. Both Plex and Transmission is now broken for me. I updated both plugins on newest version.
Code:
Mar 26 18:37:53 freenas manage.py: [plugins.utils:91] Couldn't retrieve https://192.168.1.101/plugins/plexmediaserver/9/_s/status: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)>

D

dlavigne

To clarify, how did you update the jails? Did you nuke the jails dataset and recreate them as mentioned in the Release Notes?

madik

Explorer
To clarify, how did you update the jails? Did you nuke the jails dataset and recreate them as mentioned in the Release Notes?
In my case, After my freenas was updated to 9.10 I also updated the plugins to newest version available (by gui). And when I start any of my plugins it gives me the error code with SSL certificate verification. Its doing the some thing also for a newly created jail and plugin. I also tried to create a new dataset for jails and put there a new plexmediaserver plugin. And It gave me the same SSL error which is causing the plugin to stop working. However some portion of plugin is still working I can for example start it thru PS4 but not a single video is playable.

goshen

Dabbler
I am having the similar issue after updating FreeNAS to 9.10 and also the PMS jail plugin to the latest Version 0.9.16.3.1840. I have restarted the FreeNAS Mini multiple times and also deleted and reinstall the jail. Still the PMS service won't start. I only get a green pop up error "Some error occurred". It won't tell me what the error is. I am not sure where to go from here. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

I have a FREENAS Mini box
Build FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE-201603252134 (412fb1c)
Platform Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2750 @ 2.40GHz
Memory 32712MB

goshen

Dabbler
I finally got it to work by rebooting again by deleting the plex storage and turning on PMS server, After that, I readied the storage and the PMS stayed logged in. The only problem I have now is that my movie metadata won't download in flex again. I will open a new thread for that issue so I don't bump this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.