Plex jail and 11.3

TerryVog

Explorer
How do I upgrade the jail & plugin I use for Plex from my current configuration to FreeNAS 11.3?

I guess this question needs a bit more background information to be clear. And I will do some assumptions based on my understanding. Please correct me if those assumptions are incorrect. I configured my FreeNAS server years ago in the version 9 days. When I upgraded to 11 I tried to use the new web GUI, but I couldn't access my PlexMediaServer plugin/jail with the new web GUI, because it was created with the old interface. So I usually use the Legacy Interface. But that will disappear when I upgrade to 11.3.

There is approximately 1.5TB of movies and series in the Plex jail. Do I need to erase and re-upload all of it to a newly created Plex jail? Or is there a better way to keep using Plex in FreeNAS 11.3?

I'm running 11.2-U8 on a server with an Intel Core i3 with 16GB of memory. Besides using it as a Plex server, I do my TimeMachine backups on it.

If you prefer to stay with the plugin, which I believe is on a quarterly update cycle, you'll find this post helpful. Hints are under the heading Plex Migration. If you want to be on the latest version of Plex, you may want to use this resource instead.

There is approximately 1.5TB of movies and series in the Plex jail.
Best practice is to have your media located outside the jail. Do not destroy your Warden jail until you have relocated your media.

Last edited: