Plex Can't Find Server

ARAMP1

Dabbler
I'm running the Plex plugin in FreeNAS 11.1 and I'm having trouble accessing the server from the plex web browser.

I'm unable to toggle off the service status and there's nothing in the plugin tab on the left side where you would normally launch plex.

Any ideas where to start looking?

FreeNAS Plex.jpg

dknm

Dabbler
I had this happen with some of my plugins disappearing from the ui (they run in the background just fine).
You can do some troubleshooting in the command line like so:
as super user
warden list - this should basically confirm a plex jail
jls - note the plex jail number and then run
jexec #plexjailnumber

and then ping an external website. if all's ok, then you can narrow it down to plex settings / your router's port forwarding.

toggle off/on with service plexmediaserver stop (or start) (or plexmediaserver_plexpass if you installed that)

Hope this helps.

Also, consider installing it from scratch as an iocage jail. The plugin you have running is more than 6 months old. See the guide here (replace the create -r 11.2-RELEASE argument with 11.1-RELEASE)

ARAMP1

Dabbler
Thanks for the reply. I'm able to ping external websites and can toggle on/off with the service stop/start, so that's a good sign.

I've done the updates and Plex was showing me up to date when I could log on, however I'm contemplating just upgrading to 11.2 and reinstalling the whole thing.