Plex Camera Upload Permission Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinea

Explorer
I am trying to set up Plex to allow for Camera Upload from my phone to perform backups of my photos for my wife and I. We have Plex configured on a jail. The dataset for Plex is owned by root/wheel by default right now. We are logged in to the storage on my Windows 10 machine as root to map it as a network drive. But even with that, I am unable to create folders or modify anything there.

For Plex, I noticed in the log files that the Plex app on my phone is successfully uploading the files to a /tmp/ directory but then failing to copy them over to the actual library which is configured as /media/ on the jail. It is giving a permission denied. The media directory is owned by root/wheel as well. I tried to give the Photos library the 777 permissions via chmod, but get permission denied as well...even as root in the shell. I am very confused by this....

Is there a way to allow plex to have full read/write access to anything in that jail? Is there also a way to grant my Windows 10 PC full read/write access to any of my data storage volumes too? I would like to avoid any future permission issues. I am not that worried about safety, since everything is local to my network anyways. I would like things to just be simple to maintain.

kdragon75

Wizard
Keep in mind the jail root is not the same as root. Jails maintain separate users but you can still map permissions by user/group ID numbers if I recall. Review the permissions outside of the jail. If still stuck search the forum for Plex or Transmission permissions. There are lots of topics about it.

kdragon75

Wizard
I'm glad you got it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.