Please help which disk is bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulhuynh81

Dabbler
Thanks a millions to everyone on here.... it work...... lesson learn... a lot of reading is required to work on freenas

[root@IX-NAS01] ~# zpool status -v
pool: VOLUME01
state: DEGRADED
status: One or more devices is currently being resilvered. The pool will
continue to function, possibly in a degraded state.
action: Wait for the resilver to complete.
scan: resilver in progress since Wed Jan 20 10:42:51 2016
39.8G scanned out of 18.5T at 360M/s, 14h56m to go
3.19G resilvered, 0.21% done
config:

gpsguy

Run zpool status -v again, after the resilvering process is complete, to see where you stand.

diskdiddler

Wizard
CRITICAL: The volume VOLUME01 (ZFS) state is DEGRADED: One or more devices are faulted in response to persistent errors. Sufficient replicas exist for the pool to continue functioning in a degraded state.

all disk show it is online

this is the output from my alert panel

• CRITICAL: Device: /dev/da0 [SAT], 32 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors
  • CRITICAL: Device: /dev/da0 [SAT], 32 Offline uncorrectable sectors
  • CRITICAL: Device: /dev/da0 [SAT], 8 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors
  • CRITICAL: Device: /dev/da0 [SAT], 8 Offline uncorrectable sectors
  • CRITICAL: Device: /dev/da0 [SAT], ATA error count increased from 2 to 3
  • CRITICAL: Device: /dev/da6 [SAT], 144 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors
  • CRITICAL: Device: /dev/da6 [SAT], 144 Offline uncorrectable sectors
  • CRITICAL: Device: /dev/da6 [SAT], ATA error count increased from 0 to 4
  • OK: There is a new update available! Apply it in System -> Update tab.
  • CRITICAL: The volume VOLUME01 (ZFS) state is DEGRADED: One or more devices are faulted in response to persistent errors. Sufficient replicas exist for the pool to continue functioning in a degraded state.

What alert panel is providing this information?
I must be honest, I'm kind of tired of FreeNAS reporting this particular error to me. *
"The volume ARRAY (ZFS) state is DEGRADED: One or more devices has been removed by the administrator. Sufficient replicas exist for the pool to continue functioning in a degraded state." and NOT providing the name of the disk which caused this, in the email - it seems so incredibly shortsighted.
Does anyone know if there's a feature request or bug report to have this addressed in upcoming versions? I THINK it's on the list but I'd lke to know for certain, I'm really not pleased being told "problems but ummm you gotta come figure them out"

Before anyone responds, all 6 of my disks are in my /storage/view disks/ section of the UI and no indication next to any of them that there's an issue.

* NOTE: it's infrequent the error occurs, of course, maybe 4 times in 14,15 months - but each infrequent time I need to go on a hunt and peck to identify the problem, rather than have it simply included in the email.

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
Mhhh scripts... :D

diskdiddler

Wizard
Anyone?

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
Ok, re-reading my post I wasn't that clear, sorry...

Look at the "Useful Scripts" link in my signature, look for the drives identification script ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.