Permissions with AFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisd

Cadet
I am having a problem with vol permissions. I'm new to FreeNas and just recently installed a FreeNas 9.1.1 server on my home Mac network. I'm accessing it with AFP. I created volumes to store digital content then data sets to hold media types: (Music, Movies, Pictures). I created a sep AFP share for each media type above. I copied my full iTunes directory structure over to the music share with no problem. Copied movies over with no problem (including directory structure). However, when I attempted to copy my iPhoto/Pictures dir structure over I ran into permission problems. The transfer asked me for a local admin pwd partway through. But when provided, it aborted. I finally determined that it was hanging on a specific source folder on the mac, deleted it, then was able to to continue - but only after rebuilding permissions from FreeNas. I later discovered that the source folders on my Mac have custom permissions set. Are these permissions copied over and is this what is creating the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.