Another AFP sharing permissions issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilP

Dabbler
Hello everyone.

Edit...to cut through the crap I posted earlier, my real question would be:
Can permissions issues all be done from the GUI, or will I need to use the CLI / SSH?

This is my first foray in to FreeNAS 8. My 0.7.2 Sabanda backup box and BT server have been running fine since ??? 2010? so excuse me if I have forgotten all I learned two years ago with regard to setting file permissions via SSh etc...as of writing this, I can't even remember how to open an SSH session to my FreeNAS box.

I have only had to have this foray into '8' because the old backup box died..or so I thought..multiple issues but it would always hang on boot. A re install would work for a week, then failure again.

Anyway built a new box two days ago and spent all day yesterday and the day before trying to get my head around the new disk management structure,, no ability or need to format disks, create mount points etc...it all seems to happen 'behind the scenes' now.

Spec

FreeNAS Build FreeNAS-8.0.4-RELEASE-p3-x86 (11703)
Platform Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz
Memory 2027MB
Mac 10.6.8

Two users on the Mac (BonAir and Neil) , both full admin, and no restrictions needed from either account to the FreeNAS box. Equal access from both accounts required.
The Data Share in Finder shows full access from both Mac users.
The iPhoto share, though, shows full access in Finder logged in under BonAir on the Mac.
BUT when loggged in on the Mac under the account "Neil" does not give me access to the folder 'Neil' on the iPhoto share.

Screen shot 2012-07-12 at 09.13.56.jpg

These files on the FreeNAS box iPhoto share are created by the backup utility "Chronosync".
Chronsync mounts the share when necessary to sync, mounting using BonAir credentials

Both Mac users have identical accounts created on the FreeNAS box, username and passwords match. User group on FreeNAS @wheel
4 shares on the FreeNAS box

Screen shot 2012-07-12 at 09.02.10.jpg
Screen shot 2012-07-12 at 09.02.52.jpg

Both volumes have same permission set, I have tried checking all the boxes to write access to both 'Group' and 'Others' and also check the 'Set perms recursively " box..but nothing happens, the GUI screen popup just freezes.

Both AFP shares permissions are identical too
Screen shot 2012-07-12 at 09.20.21.jpg
Screen shot 2012-07-12 at 09.20.39.jpg

Both "Allow User" and "Allow Read Write access" boxes include both the group and each individual user name (@wheel,BonAir,Neil)

The other two shares (itunes and Misc250) both seem to work correctly, with only @wheel in the 'Allow' boxes

I have waffled enough for now, and have spent a couple of days on this and am getting no where,

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-07-12 at 09.04.32.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-07-12 at 09.04.32.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 284
  • Screen shot 2012-07-12 at 09.04.55.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-07-12 at 09.04.55.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 286
Status
Not open for further replies.