Permissions for file management for deluge moved files

sixwest

Cadet
Hello, thanks in advance for help with this.

I have a TrueNas Core instance running (TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1), and on this I have two plugins running (in their own jails) - Deluge (Client: 2.0.5 Server: 2.0.5) and Plex (version 4.76.1).

It's set up so that Deluge, when done downloading a torrent, will move the files to the correct tv/film folders on the container so that Plex can automatically pick up the new files and add them to the library - this is working fine for 99% of files.

However, when I conntect to the server from my Mac with my user account which should have read/write on everything on the container, I don't have permission to rename (useful for the 1% of files not picked up by Plex automagically) or delete (for space saving reasons) stuff that Deluge has moved. I get "The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items." error on my Mac.

Please consider me pretty much an idiot from the ground up - I've manged to set everything up so far using Google and helpful people like yourselves, and am still learning.

Any help to be able to have the setup as described, but also be able to manually manage those files would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.