Permanent condensing/scrubbing on boot...help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim1962

Patron
Main Q. How long can I expect a scrub to take on boot? I'm running 11.1 beta 3 with 4*3Tb Raidz2 vdev and its currently been running for nearly 24hrs, see attached screenshot of the boot sequence. Its now "condensing" whatever that is.

Background.

Mostly my home FN is a backup destination, with 2 VMs and 2 iocage plugins.
I went away for a while and (because I'm stupid and didn't get the config quite right of some rsync backup tasks!) on return the vdev was completely full (Pool 100% used) but just about running. I managed to rm -rf a few directories but it then crashed and its now just chuntering away scrubbing. (Just to confuse matters my UPS got zapped by the cleaner whilst I was away!!!)

When do I give up? Is there a way to escape my predicament? I currently have one spare 4Tb disk installed beside the Raidz2 if only I could access the system to copy stuff across. The iocage jails would be nice to salvage, and one of the VMs but mostly all backups of stuff primarily held elsewhere so the pain is mostly time to reconfigure if its all gone titsup...

I understand (I think) that freeBSD doesn't do defrag, so even if I recover stuff back down to below 80% does FreeNAS perform normally again or is there remedial work to do thereafter?

Many thanks

Attachments

• condensing.jpg
    condensing.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 301

Tim1962

Patron
Answering my own Q...
Eventually FreeNAS booted, and although extremely slow I managed to delete some files, and free up enough space to upgrade to RC1. Suddenly its all unwinding in a good way even if I'm not entirely sure how / why. Now off to amend my rogue rsync tasks!

Reactions: Spa
Status
Not open for further replies.