Boot Pool degraded. Is there a way to generate my configuration without access to Web UI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkokandy

Cadet
Hi all,
My boot pool degraded today. Maybe a dud USB - just replaced it a few weeks ago when I got around to upgrading to 9.3.STABLE.

Anyway, my FreeNAS can start, but I receive multiple segmentation fault errors at boot, and the bottom line is, I cannot access the Web UI at all, but I can get command line access.

I tried scrubbing the boot pool, but it was too degraded to repair all files.

How is the configuration XML generated? Is there a way to generate the configuration XML from the command line?

Where is this configuration database stored? /data ? Because that appears to be intact.

I have a backup config file from a week or two ago, but I don't think it includes some recent changes I would like to salvage if possible.

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide

DaveF81

Explorer
You can take a copy of /data/freenas-v1.0.db. You can then restore this into a new install of FreeNAS using the GUI.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
The filename is actually /data/freenas-v1.db.

gpsguy

drkokandy

Cadet
Restoring from /data/freenas-v1.db worked perfectly and included all changes that weren't in the other backup - I personally didn't need to do anything /var/db/system. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.