Password reset does not work after upgrade

sree

Cadet
I have used FreeNAS for years and last night I thought to finally upgrade to TrueNAS.

Fistly I have made a config backup & upgraded tot the latest Stable FreeNAS, all was good after this upgrade, did some check-ups, webgui etc all was ok.

Second I changed to the Stable Truenas 12 and did the upgrade via the webui. After this I could not login anymore with my password.
I've done multiple password resets in the console, but it doesn't take any new password I type in. Even black does not work. WebUI says username or password are not valid.

I use username: root
password: any I typy in with option 7 (pasw reset)

After all this I burnt the latest version of Truenas to a disc and did a direct upgrade on the device itself. Problems after this stayed the same. I can go to console, reboot etc... change the password, but webui doesn't let me login (also the original pasw does not work, as I also thought about that).

1. Any tips why this doesn't work? I can still use all my share's etc. Any ideas b4 I reinstall?
2. Can I just do a complete reinstall and use the config back-up I made with Freenas directly in Truenas? Or do ik need to re-install freenas, import the config and upgrade to Truenas?

Thank you kindly!
Sree

sree

Cadet
I have found the problem. it had nothing to do with Truenas. I am using Brave browser and when I switched to Chrome it just worked.

Feeling stupid now (Brave blocks a lot). But will change the title and leave this for anyone who comes across the same problem.